[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - T-34/76 Mod.42/43 KO

T-34/76 Mod.42/43 KO

Re: T-34/76 Mod.42/43 KO

Postby Tim Coulson » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:18 am

Looking good, nice work. thumb6
Tim Coulson

Postby Dario Risso » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Thanks, Tim!
Guys, something is wrong with this model...I work on it 2 hours each day, but it looks always the same ! cry

Or, perhaps I'm too ansious to see it finished :D

Well, some advances:

Real plate, with the holes for the exhaust pipes and the nuts for the armored covers

The main gun, WIP

Turret parts, also WIP

The copper wires will be used to make the rods for... opening the hatches?

The actual rods:

Instrument panel painted and a MG ammo stowage, built out of styrene sheet

Radios, exploded ammo boxes and some ammo

Some details added in the rear part: a pipe with wires and the exhaust pipes elongated (I consider the provided parts are too short)

I removed another part of the firewall

A tentative layout of the blowed parts (turret and engine cover)
Perhaps the turret will be layed upside down, I still don't know

Hope you like it

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Roy Schlicht » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:26 am

Dario, I highly doubt there would be any live rounds left inside the tank after that kind of explosion. They would have all gone off. Also i think the engine and transmission areas are to nice for having just gone through an explosion powerful enough to blow off the rear plate and engine deck. The parts look very good how ever.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Dario Risso » Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:53 pm

Hmmm, OK about the live ammo, that's the idea; I need someone tell me "yes" or "not".
About the engine and transmission...perhaps the rear plate was not blowed with the explosion, perhaps some curious soldiers opened it? :-? Of course they had the right tool to remove all those bolts :lol:

Thanks for looking and comment

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:40 am

Looking good Darío. The engine area looks great. thumb6

I agree with Roy that the ammo would have gone up in the explosion.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Roy Schlicht » Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:53 pm

To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Dario Risso » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:00 pm

Some little advances: I made the MG Magazine racks, out of styrene sheet

Racks in place

First paint chipping, with a light green

Then I added more paint chipping with a dark brown, followed by a dark green filter, a pinwash with black and another wash for the rainmarks, all using oils diluted in white spirit

I still don't know how the elements will be displayed

I'm waiting Luckymodel receive AFV Club tracks; the vinil tracks are horrible >:(

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:59 pm

Still hanging in there Dario, the most loyal friend! Keep up the great work. Takes a lot of patience to scratch those MG holders! :Y)
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:07 am

Looking good Darío. Nice work. thumb6

The individual tracks will be a big improvement.
Tim Coulson

Postby Dario Risso » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:11 pm

Thanks, guys, glad you like it.
I treated a little te AFV Club track set ( I buy the plastic ones), with a light coat of Tamiya XF-57, followed by a wash of acrylic artist paint and some paint diluted in White Spirit; a graphit 6B pencil was used to mark the parts where the roadwheels touch the tracks :

The tracks are not glued yet, the high contrast of different pigment colors will be smoothed once the tank is glued to the terrain:

Critics, suggestions, opinions are wellcomed

Darío
Dario Risso

PreviousNext

Return to Russian Medium Tanks