[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - T-34/76 Mod. 1940 ~ DML

T-34/76 Mod. 1940 ~ DML

T-34/76 Mod. 1940 ~ DML

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:00 pm

Kit no. 6092
Okay somehow or other I haven't added this kit to this section of the Workshop about Medium sized Russian tanks. I have to admit here publicly, that I have previously neglected and somewhat ignored the ubiquitous Soviet fighting vehicle. It did not really hold much interest with me, as I have been mesmerized with the fancy shmancy German Panzers but this seems to have changed recently! I have gotten the fever to do and learn about this simple and yet very effective stalwart of the Soviet ground forces. I have a number of these ( I'd I just went online and bought some others I don't have!) #^( that have been languishing in the pile but I have decided to build them all and in the process hopefully learn about the T-34 along the way. You are all welcome to come along, and don't hesitate to add anything that maybe helpful to me and others who are interested in this vehicle.
So even though I have started this journey with the Zvesda T-34/76 '42 I feel I need to go to this one now to begin my journey. Besides being one of the earlier examples of the T-34, a logical place to start, there maybe useful extra parts that may become available to other kits down the line in this progression.

So without further ado, I'll post the instructions and shots of the sprues.
You can tell that this is one of the older "new" kits from the photograph style instruction sheets, which people moaned about enough for them to discontinue thistype. I wonder if the ones they have now with all their endemic mistakes and errors are really any kind of an improvements.

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: T-34/76 Mod. 1940 ~ DML

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:07 pm

Some shots of the sprues.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:07 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:08 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:09 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:58 pm

I've built this kit-it's a great kit-quite fun to build!
D
Dan Reed

Postby Roy Schlicht » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:26 am

This is a very nice kit for the most and only suffers from a couple of lower hull issues. Fix those and you will have a definate winner. One other thing, Dragon used a piece of printed paper to represent the armored slats in the radiator exhaust (thing under the big screen on the upper rear deck). Scratch some new ones with sheet plastic or get a basic P.E. set that includes them (Eduard). The plastic tracks look very nice but be careful assembling them as, though they are not handed, they go together a certain way (you'll notice it when you look at the tracks carefully)

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:32 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:32 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 pm

This was in one of the Ground Power books on on the T34 I have. It was in the 1940 section. But the caption is in Japanese :cry: (can anyone translate?)

A sectional type drawing

A scale line drawing of the exterior

the top.

I did see that the scale drawings in the Mythical Weapon book does not have those rectangular bits. Anyone have an actual photograph of a genuine T-34/76 1940?

I'm leaning for want of better info to get rid of the bits suggested, just in case. ;-)
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Next

Return to Russian Medium Tanks