[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - T-34/76 Mod. 1940 ~ DML

T-34/76 Mod. 1940 ~ DML

Re: T-34/76 Mod. 1940 ~ DML

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Step 1 predictably deals with the round things that hold the tank up. I'll give a more detailed analysis of the wheels and types of wheels etc. But for now lets take a look at the work of today.

The idler and drive wheels

I was looking through the references and I got inspired to make some wheels without tires This is how I accomplished that.

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:11 pm

I'll add more text tomorrow

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:21 am

The issues with the lower hull are as mentioned, they used the T-34/85 lower hull for this kit essentially. The instructions have you removing the forward bumper stop (shouldn't have been there to begin with) and the access hatches on the bottom need to be looked at if those things bother you (you can't see them unless you turn the model over). Your wheels turned out really nice and I must apologize as I keep forgetting to see if I have those pics. I get home and completely space it off as I start doing things at the home. Funny thing is the other day (Sunday) I remembered to check that while I was in the back and in the time it took getting from there to my library I got side tracked again.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:13 am

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Nice work on the wheels. thumb6
Tim Coulson

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:47 pm

How different was the interiors of these 1940 models to the next in the series? Any major changes or differences. Can I use the parts of an interior, (drivers areas I know the turret would be different) meant for a 1941 T-34?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:24 pm

I think that the ammo would be different but am not sure by how much. May have used the same but I doubt it. Here is one pic I have from the web. It is a T-34/76 1941 captured by the Germans and then captured again by the American at Nuremburg. Notice the idelrs also have the ribbed detail.

I'll look for more but for some reason cannot find my best references on the T-34.

Roy
Roy Schlicht

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:50 pm

That is one great picture, can only imagine what your best stuff is like that you can't find, hope you do!
Here are some pics from today.
In Step 2 you need to add parts N1 and N2 for the suspension. I was going to use these stock but I changed my mind, four in the front will be cut out and then a copy of a basic interior will be slotted in, just so when the front drivers hatch is open the space does not look empty. Anal alert!

you can notice in this series of photographs the rectangular boxes and front damper that need to be removed.

Okay so here are some close-ups showing the offending details that have to be removed, apparently.

first a snip then a file and sandpaper.

and viola!

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:50 pm

added the suspension arm/road wheel axles as well as the final drive cover.

close up of the kit road wheel.

a shot with the road wheels test fitted. I am utilizing one of the de_tired wheels in this set up. The white ones you see are resin replacements, as I used the original kit parts for my specialty items.

These shots show the kit upper armour, which, because I will be using the Aber PE, needs to be modified somewhat.

Also to make room for the interior, I cut back some of the suspension parts, leaving the spring as it is better represented than how the resin ones look.

I won't be using the kit early tracks, I have a set of Fruils I ordred from The Barrelshop for this build.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:38 am

I think you nailed it with the lower hull. All that is noticeable anyways. Friul tracks are always nice as well. Now if I can only find my other t-34 references, and they are good ones.

Roy
Roy Schlicht

PreviousNext

Return to Russian Medium Tanks