[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - T-34/76 Mod. 1940 ~ DML

T-34/76 Mod. 1940 ~ DML

Re: T-34/76 Mod. 1940 ~ DML

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:54 pm

more progress- these photoetch are time consumers!

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tony Lee Watts » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:57 am

"Time Consumer" I feel like that's part of what it's all about???
Time well spent away from the rat race.

Tony lee
Shoot Low Boys
They're Ridin Ponies
Tony Lee Watts

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:33 am

No you are right it is good time but often half the time I am on my knees looking for parts that slip out of my fingers or get sprung out into the ethos. Or the other one where stuff already attached gets knocked off or damaged. And the hoarder's pile of un-built kits staring down at me and me feeling I will never get the time to build them all. Yesterday I spend the better part of 5 hours fabricating the fire extinguisher mounts, slow going but in the end worth it. Speaking of Russian fire extinguishers anyone have an good reference or information on these things. Totally new ground for me.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Looks great Jamie, time well spent. thumb6

I hope to start soldering etch on my Panther in the next couple of weeks.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:20 am

Look forward to your reports Tim.
Some pics from yesterday.
Look at what it takes to make the fire extinguishers and mounts compared to the two blobs of plastic from the kit! Ha ha ha ha!

Progress, also I took one of the extra fuel cannisters off to add interest.

Filled in the holes that were meant for the headlights

Headlight mounted

The other headlight getting tweaked out. First I cut the mount off the plastic part and then hollowed out the insides. Then I will use a tiny cut from a hypodermic needle and some wire. I plan to have them both in rather dis-used shape.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:00 am

Dude...I'm speechless :shock: So many details added... #^(

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Pierre Parroux » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:03 am

i'm sure, there are minimoys working for him. :bulb:
Pierre Parroux

Postby Roy Schlicht » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:40 am

Jamie, those are not fire extinguishers they are jacks. There should also be two blocks of wood on the rear fenders that act as jack blocks or chocks. Well technically they're chocks (for rail transport) but they can still be used as jack blocks if needed. They dissapeared on later versions. Great job.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:02 am

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:33 am

Okay, this is getting bogged down case of interior issues, having to make duplicate parts being the biggest hangup, and painting. Well I have made some progress. I will not be doing very much really just a sketch of stuff in the dark as the front hatch will have a guy plugging up the opening for the most part. I don't really care for interior- more trouble than they are worth sometimes! :eek:

So in this picture you can see I am hollowing out by hand one of the front head lights with a Dremel tool. Into this will go the two part mount which then in turn is soldered to the Aber U shaped mount. I bent it all up so it looks like its been in the field.

Here it is one the tank's front sloping armour. You maybe able to see I also added two new Aber periscopes to top the front hatch

here is a couple shots showing an attempt with wire from a bread bag to authenticate the kits tow cables.

interior paint progress

a test fit of the figures

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Russian Medium Tanks