T-34

T-34

Postby Paul Truesdale » Tue May 22, 2012 6:44 am

Hey Guys....

Below are some test shots with my new camera, sorry I don't have more but will post some soon. ;watching;

Just testing the Macro function in pretty low light conditions, on my camera, seems to work good...I have more done than the photos show, need to add more texture to the turret etc. and the crew in the turret.

Using the Armo Steel wheels set. I had to cut back the axles to fit them, this prevented using any Tamiya wheels but they(Armo) are a bit larger in scale. Not the best resin quality but will do ok.

In the first photo you can see the little fillets I added on the lower part of the turret, just to be different..... :Y)

In the infamous words of Arnold..."I'll be baaaack!"

Paul
Paul Truesdale

Re: T-34

Postby Roy Schlicht » Tue May 22, 2012 10:40 am

Nice work on that old kit Paul. As for the photos, I rarely use the macro function. Instead I use the manual funtion and set my F stop to about 22 and the ISO as low as it can go, in my case 100 (my old cheaper camera went to 80). After taking the photos, I use the crop function on my computer software (just the basic microsoft photo editor) to zoom areas that I want shown. Also lightingis probably the most important thing you can do to improve your pictures. It is very important. Still having said all that there are times when I just cannot seem to get the "shot" that I want no matter what I do. Still learning. Keep practicing.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Re: T-34

Postby Paul Truesdale » Sun May 27, 2012 10:18 pm

Hi Roy,

Thanks for responding...

I like the Macro function because if you just point and shoot the camera doesn't focus on just the small area but the entire subject and any lost light becomes noise...( I know all cameras have noise), I guess you could edit it out...

It's really better to turn off your flash if you have sufficient lighting...

Paul
Paul Truesdale

Return to Russian Medium Tanks