[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - T-34/85 Soviet Battle Tank ~ Italeri

T-34/85 Soviet Battle Tank ~ Italeri

T-34/85 Soviet Battle Tank ~ Italeri

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue May 01, 2012 10:04 pm

Item number 295

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: T-34/85 Soviet Battle Tank ~ Italeri

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri May 25, 2012 9:12 pm

So this is next to be built will under the influence of this T-34 fever I have caught!
The instructions. It's obviously a rehash of a Zvezda mold but the instructions are multi-paged compared to the Zvezda single double sided simple affair.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat May 26, 2012 7:30 am

Any suggestions on what needs to be corrected on this kit :?:
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Paul Truesdale » Sat May 26, 2012 8:09 am

Not sure Jamie, can you post some sprue shots? It looks like a late war T-34 with the solid road wheels and ventilator bubbles together.

Looking at the instructions, it looks like a T-34..... :Y) I don't see many if any wartime photos with those canisters across the rear plate...I think they were for generating smoke not carrying fuel. (edit: I found one and some color plates)

How's the moldings? Typical hit or miss?
Paul Truesdale

Postby Paul Truesdale » Sun May 27, 2012 7:40 am

Post removed by me...... pilot
Last edited by Paul Truesdale on Mon May 28, 2012 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Truesdale

Re: T-34/85 Soviet Battle Tank ~ Italeri #295

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun May 27, 2012 3:20 pm

So - now I am getting a little more savvy about these T-34's. They aren't as easy to keep track of is what I gather, like the German Panzers which are easily distinguished as to the model and mark but there are some definite patterns I have begun to notice as I dig into the references.

While this kit is maybe not perfect it does seem to be a good starting point.

Here are some images of the what comes with the sprues.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun May 27, 2012 3:21 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun May 27, 2012 5:49 pm

Gonna try something new here- take your cursor (you'll have to press down on your mouse and "grab" it) over this Flash image and you can rotate a 360 of the Italeri turret, which has some good points when compared to other kits as well as some awful surface casting texture

Let me know how the flash works, any iPad users?
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Paul Truesdale » Sun May 27, 2012 9:02 pm

The flash seems to work ok.....nice idea. No ipad user. I agree about the surface texture, plus the vertical. lines look to big.

As to the kit, the rear engine deck cover with the screen looks odd....wrong shape and the screen is too big? Not meaning to be too critical here as all kits have issues but that one is obvious.

I'm really too tired to get into other issues but there are a few.... ;B; Not at my computer right now so no references handy.

Overall not too bad a kit but maybe since you're just researching them is ok to you?

Paul ,:>
Paul Truesdale

Postby David Madsen » Mon May 28, 2012 7:22 am

I have an ipad, I don't see why Apple allows Flash, it's frustrating.
David Madsen

Next

Return to Russian Medium Tanks