[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - T34/76 Model 1942~ Zvesda

T34/76 Model 1942~ Zvesda

Re: T34/76 Model 1942~ Zvesda

Postby Paul Truesdale » Sun May 27, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi Jamie,

Nice looking T-34.....this is the Stalingrad variant, so you could've left it in primer red as they were so desperately needed they didn't bother to paint them over the red oxide. The mantlet shape is the giveaway detail...

I know you probably don't care but I don't think the hulls were cast nor the turret hatches, top plate, they used rolled plates I believe (just for future reference... pilot )just trying to help not really a criticism. :fork: I like accuracy in models as well, really a disease if you ask me.... wss. Just the artistic side showing through. thumb5.

Good progress and good job on the fenders, you see very few of those with pristine fenders. You're ahead of me...

Paul
Paul Truesdale

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun May 27, 2012 10:40 pm

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Paul Truesdale » Sun May 27, 2012 11:21 pm

Jamie,

I'm not at home right now so I can't post any photos...or references

While not really a reference, here's a link to the PMMS site where Terry is reviewing the Dragon Stalingrad T-34, description at top of page.

I know there have been issues in the past with his reviews but I think overall his info is good and his info is up to date etc.

The kit has some issues if I remember correctly but is typical Dragon I guess...

Paul
Paul Truesdale

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon May 28, 2012 9:21 am

Whoops :oops: yes, actually because I'm all over the ...books with three different actual builds with 4 others in the wings I got a bit mixed up, the Italeri T-34 85 was the one that was thought to resemble a Factory 183 and yes while looking at refs I did think that this one was like the STZ but I held back because of a grey area in my knowledge about the way the armour went together in the front, some kind of different interlocking?
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Paul Truesdale » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:38 pm

Paul Truesdale

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:12 am

So I have not posted to this thread for a while, the main reason, besides spending a week in my hometown visiting my 82 year old Dad, is that when I looked at the "Magic Tracks" they looked absolutely ugly and stupid glued in place. The biggest issue is that the spacing between tracks is really hard to keep even with this method. Dragon Models do some good things but they seem to be total retards about others. Like why in God's name do the track links they make do not have a hole pierced in them so you could really put them together properly.In any case the delay is that I have decided to drill all the holes in the majority of links to get an authentic look. Blame AMS. wallbash
A hell of a lot of work, oh and ta boot these really aren't the exact type you'd want to put on this tank to be correct about time elemt. But what the hey- there is only soe much I am going to do with this kit. Just want to make something that looks like a T-34.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Russian Medium Tanks