[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - T34/76 Model 1942~ Zvesda

T34/76 Model 1942~ Zvesda

T34/76 Model 1942~ Zvesda

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:57 am

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: T34/76 Model 1942~ Zvesda

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed May 23, 2012 9:04 pm

Okay... so I don't know what's happened but since I started working on finishing up that Tamiya T-34 kit I have caught the bug for t-34s!
I could not help myself and I dug into the pile and decided it was high time to build this old kit that has been in my stash for a very long time, and time is running out. I know its not the most latest, most accurate most detailed etc. but I don't care. It'll look the part in the end and I am doing it for fun, and to practice painting.
I'm sorry to report that because I was caught up in the experience of actually gluing all the plastic together I neglected to take snaps during the first part of the build. Don't worry you didn't miss much as there really is not much to this kit! :lol: But I am starting the other one like this that is a re-pop from Italeri, over here, and the parts and construction are very very similar.

The kit is a bit of a Frankenstein with a myriad of parts from different types of T-34, the biggest issue is the steel wheels but I think I saw a photo of one in the book from Robert Michulec annd Miroslaw Zientarzewski, T-34 Mythical Weapon. Anyway, doesn't matter, its for fun. I'm not going to spend time trying to bring this kit up to standard when there are better ones of recent vintage that are light years ahead of this one right out of the gate.
The only real problem that will be remedied with aftermarket is the tracks, :smelly: - cheesy vinyl affairs that really are useless.
The rest id pretty much out of the box all though I did mess with the fenders, surface texture, and engine hatch which I cut out and replaced with some Aber brass screen.
So here are the instructions- not much to them two sides on one sheet.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed May 23, 2012 9:38 pm

So here is where the photos start, after putting the turret together for the most part. I have used some Auto body glazing putty , which is basically the same a Squadron Green Stuff putty, that I thinned with some Testors liquid cement. This was stippled onto the surface to help with portraying the cast texture of the Russian metal. I lightly sanded this back once dry.

here's a shot of the steel wheels after I sanded them.

the body also received some putty treatment

the kit engine cover grille replaced with the Aber screen

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed May 23, 2012 9:44 pm

I cut the back mud flaps off as they did not actually come in contact with the rear of the lower hull half, bad engineering I'm afraid. I will replace the plastic with custom parts cut from brass sheet.

the front mud flaps have been thinned down with a Dremel tool and then "bent outta shape"

The drive and idlers will be replaced with extra items from a DML kit.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Thu May 24, 2012 7:30 am

Looking good, nice work on the engine cover. thumb6
Tim Coulson

Postby Dario Risso » Thu May 24, 2012 11:50 am

Nice job, I like specially the texture on plates and the metal flaps.
If you have some Tamiya T-34s , there are spare wheels on those kits (34049 or 35059 or 35149)

Waiting for updates
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby sergio laurenzano » Thu May 24, 2012 10:14 pm

nice work !!, the automotive putty are very well and much more cheapper too ( at least here ) . will you replace the track ?
Sergio Laurenzano
Neuquen-Patagonia Argentina
sergio laurenzano

Postby Pierre Parroux » Fri May 25, 2012 6:32 am

i join to say also very nice job..next ?
Pierre Parroux

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri May 25, 2012 9:28 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Pierre Parroux » Sat May 26, 2012 7:09 am

fantastic job, i can't post anything after that . :cry:
Pierre Parroux

Next

Return to Russian Medium Tanks