[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Panzerspahwager P(204)~ Rail Version

Panzerspahwager P(204)~ Rail Version

Captured machinery played significant role in the German armed forces in World War II, but this theme remains weakly illuminated. Sufficiently many photographs of captured technology reached our time, and this site is the attempt to generalize the obtained information and photographs imprinted the exploitation of trophies by German units. Word BEUTEPANZER, which became the basis of the name site is translated as captured tank (Beute - trophy, Panzer - tank).

Panzerspahwager P(204)~ Rail Version

Postby Ernie Schafer » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:28 am

This is my current project, the old DML release of the older ALBY kit of the Panhard 178. I started building it when it was first released back in the late "90's and put it away. I recently ran across it and decided to pick it back up and finish it. Nothing fancy, the only extras are wire grab handles on the engine deck to replace the molded on ones. There was once a P/E set for this I believe but it is long out of production, so basically this will be as it comes from the box.

Paint going on, I used the AK modulation set, and it worked well enough, though on my next build I would like to try the new Life Color modulation sets if my local hobby shop can get them.

Camouflage next, this was done with Vallejo colors, German Camo Bright Green and Saddle Brown.

Then I messed round with some Mig oils, blending, fading etc. and added a pin wash as well as some heavy shading on the lower hull as rail vehicles seem to accumulate a dark grime.Plus, some of the detail on th ekit is a bit weak and this helped to bring it out. This has been sealed and next will be some chipping and scratching etc. I want to show a vehicle that has been well used but not all beat to crap.

Ernie
Ernie Schafer

Re: Panzerspahwager P(204)~ Rail Version

Postby Dario Risso » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:36 am

Looks great, Ernie. I can't see whats happens with the gun...it will be replaced?

DarĂ­o
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:20 am

Hey ernie, thanks for taking the time to share. I have this one as well, so its good to see your take on it. thumb3
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Ernie Schafer » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:43 am

Ernie Schafer

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:03 pm

Looking good Ernie. thumb6
Tim Coulson

Postby Roy Schlicht » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:46 am

Such a cool looking vehicle. Curiously, you never see these in French markings.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Return to Beutepanzer