40.M Turan I 1/35 CZ Kolinec resin CZK35009

40.M Turan I 1/35 CZ Kolinec resin CZK35009

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:08 pm

Hey guys- I have an ongoing interest in obscure subject matter and lately I've been wanting to build a Hungarian Turan I. The only problem with that is that there is at this time no plastic injected model of one available. Unfortunately, the options are as scarce as hen's teeth. I decided to pull the trigger on an item I found on ebay.
This is a resin kit from CZ Kolinec . I was working in the dark as there is no real build reviews available online, so in good faith, I pulled the trigger and dished out close to $200.00 CND for one. I will now post the pictures of the kit which I received. To say I was disappointed is to say the least! The thick resin casting done with an with inferior technique has many of the parts engulfed with excess resin, particularity the track parts! My God, these are completely unusable! I have only so much time on the planet, and spending any of cleaning these abominations up is not gonna happen. 90% of the wheels have missing bots, that is the resin did not get into the deeper areas of the mold, leaving only tiny air holes are half molded bolt heads as a result. The suspension arms also suffer from not having the resin reaching the end of the molds resulting in flawed axle attachment points. This model is shit and I am getting very angry as I type this. How could anyone charge the amount of money they do for this type of garbage!!!! Even the turret suffers from this complete lack of quality in providing the necessary bolt or rivet detail with many of them short shot. The gun is also very shitty. I mean WTF!!! The instructions are crappy and no English translation is provided.
I have asked for my money back but the seller has offered to get replacement parts. He says he has sold 250 of these with me the only one that complained. I can not speak for all the other kits but this particular specimen sucks, which I'm sure you will agree with me in viewing these photographs. As the whole kit is flawed and unsalvageable I am only interested in a refund. I hope the seller honours this as I am holding back from naming the source at this time. What follows some rather disturbing images so be warned.

The box looked promising,

and it seemed to be packed well

but once the parts were removed from their plastic bags, my temperature started to rise.

The rather crappy instruction sheets

As you can see, there is massive amounts of flash surrounding each part.

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Turan I ~ CK Model

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:09 pm

Can you see how the tiny bolt heads are not where they are supposed to be leaving only donut shaped circles?. How the teeth are surrounded by a thick flash? How the lightening holes are filled in? Utter crap!

and look at the excess resin here. I mean do they expect you to sculpt each and every track from the thick flash and drill out all the filled in holes?

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:11 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:12 pm

Can you see the short shot on the suspension arms here. And the missing bolt heads! There also are numerous air bubbles as well.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:13 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:13 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: 40.M Turan I 1/35 CZ Kolinec resin CZK35009

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:11 pm

I wouldn't be happy if I spend that much on a kit and it was in the state that this one is in! :shock:

The tracks look like they are submerged in a resin sea!

You should be able to return it for a full refund as it is clearly not fit to build and should never have left the factory in the first place.
Tim Coulson

Postby Dan Reed » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:35 pm

You are right in asking for your money back.
This kit looks like it's out of the '80's!
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Roy Schlicht » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:11 am

Definately looks ike an 80s resin kit which it probably is. Definately get your money back. Maybe Hobby Boss will come out with one since they are doing the Toldi Light tank. I'm going to have nightmares now.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Juan Lázaro » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Certainly it is to think. ,:> wallbash wallbash
Luck.
Juan Lázaro

Next

Return to Hungarian Tanks of World War Two