Die Panzer-Instandsetzung der Wehrmacht

News on product releases

Moderator: David Madsen

Die Panzer-Instandsetzung der Wehrmacht

Postby Allan Williams » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:02 am

Just received a very welcome, and much awaited, addition to my reference, Repairing the Panzers by Lukas Friedli. The English language version of Die Panzer-Instandsetzung der Wehrmacht.
When the original German was released I inquired about the availability of an English edition, and he advised me that the English edition would have mostly new photos. Considering the total neglect this integral part of Panzer history has received, I picked up the German edition to tide me over the year or so till the English edition was due.
The original was excellent, and the English edition is even more so. And it's only volume 1.
A fantastically rare insight into the maintenance battalions, complimented with a very nice selection of photos of recovery vehicles, damaged vehicles, manual excerpts and general maintenance works.
Very reasonably priced for what it is, this is a book well worth parting with your hard earned for. With the added bonus of supporting another independent publisher and author that is ever pushing the standard of information available to the likes of you and me.

Enjoy! thumb3
Allan
Allan Williams

Re: Die Panzer-Instandsetzung der Wehrmacht

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:21 am

Thanks Allan, I have laid down cold hard cash for both those titles as well, but I have to say the first one was a bit of a disappointment as far as the quality of the reproduction of photos, they really did not have much contrast and sharpness, which I imagine is down to the stock it was printed on. Everything was just kinda furry grey....
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Die Panzer-Instandsetzung der Wehrmacht

Postby Allan Williams » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:50 pm

Jamie, I agree that there is a little inconsistency through the German edition with the reproduction of the photos. Overall I think the quality of the paper stock and the book itself is quite good, and I'm still pleased I bought it. I've certainly paid alot more for a book and received alot less. The two Fedorowicz books on Panzer Uniforms are a good example of this.

Allan
Allan Williams

Return to Product News