[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Dienstvorschriften für Panther

Dienstvorschriften für Panther

News on product releases

Moderator: David Madsen

Dienstvorschriften für Panther

Postby Markus Lack » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:16 am

Hey Guys,
for some of you Edi Eberl might not be a new name. He´s the Webmaster of the (in my eyes) best PantherSite and -Forum around:

While the Forum is mainly german, there are no problems for anyone who needs help. Post in english and those guys will help you out as best as they can.
Now, back to the main topic, Edi Eberl offers Dienstvorschriften and Manuals for the Pz.Kpfw.V Panther taken from the originals:

Great guy Edi is, he sent me four of them:
H.Dv. 470/5e
Ausbildungsvorschrift für die Panzertruppe
Die Ausbildung am Panzerkampfwagen Panther vom 15.08.´43

D 655/2
Panther Ausf. A, D und G
und Befehlspanther
Ausf. A, D und G
Gerätebeschreibung und Bedienungsanweisung für den Turm
(no pics included though)

D 1012/1
Die Funk- und Bordsprechanlage im Panzerkampfwagen Panther
vom 15.03.´43

H.Dv. 481/55
Merkblatt für die Munition der 7,5cm Kampfwagenkanone 42
und 7,5cm Sturmkanone 42
vom 28.01.´43

as you might expect, they are NOT the originals. Eduard Eberl and Andreas Josef Krüger used the originals and wrote them down new without any changes.
It might be problematic for some of you as they are german, but in my eyes it´s always a bit problematic to translate stuff like that in other languages since the text shouldn´t be altered.
Whenever I would be in need of some manuals for something, let me say a Sherman, I would always choose an english one over a translated german one.
But then again, germans are supposed to learn english in school. Well, I´ll let you decide if this could still be interesting for you.

P.S. Thanks again Edi!
Markus Lack

Re: Dienstvorschriften für Panther

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:43 am

So it looks like these are not free though? wss.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Markus Lack » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:30 pm

No, they aren´t free of course ;).
For what they offer, the prices are VERY fair, the more when we consider the prices original Manuals cost (a small fortune).
The manual for the turret costs 25,50€ (without shipping) for example. The prices are varying, so some are cheaper, some might be a bit more expensive.
Since Edi Eberl and Andreas Krüger definitely needed a lot of time and money to collect this stuff and rewrite it, it´s more than a fair price thumb1 .
Markus Lack

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:03 pm

Well I'll probably be taking a closer look at it once I get on another movie. :)
Do you find the info useful to detailing?
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Markus Lack » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:18 pm

Another movie?
That sounds interesting... ;woot:
Well, the turret and radio manual and the Merkblatt about the Guns can indeed be helpful even though the turret-manual doesn´t contain the images (need to speak to Edi about that) for anyone planning to build an interior for his kits. For me, at the moment, they are only a very interesting read. I´ll order the Loading-plan these days and I´m sure this will definitely be of some good help for my next project ;).
Markus Lack

Postby Allan Williams » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:51 am

Markus,
Thanks heaps for the head's up. I've never even seen this site, although I've never really looked at the Panther in any great depth either.
I love this kind of reference and unfortunately it can be hard to find, particularly decent quality.
Are these hardcopies or pdfs? What is the quality of the reproduced images?
I've bought a few of the Tiger I manual copies from tigertankhe181.com and although it was a great opportunity to obtain the information, they were only supplied in pdf form on a disc. Not a massive drama but I like hardcopy reference and all the pdfs have a watermark which just sucks and greatly impacts the clarity of the images when printed off. For the price I expected something much more applicable to my needs.
Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Allan
Allan Williams

Return to Product News