[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - VW Typ 82 Kübelwagen

VW Typ 82 Kübelwagen

Re: VW Typ 82 Kübelwagen

Postby Dario Risso » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:08 pm

Thanks, Tim!
Side windows; the frame was made of cardboard and for the clear parts I use...a crackers envelope (cellophane?)

Windows and windshield in place. It's supposed they are ...fogged or steamy

Wheel buetacked for the pics (bad pics...My camera will be back in a few days, so I use the cell phone)

I will paint this one as in the picture below, with the white paint crudely brushed:

The Ramcke Brigade VW; It's supposed it was a dark grey vehicle repainted in RAL 8000 and maybe with RAL 7008 spots

One of the pictures I will use as example of chipped paint

Hope you like it

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Tim Coulson » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:20 pm

Looking good. thumb6

How did you create the steamed up windows? Have you considered replacing the wheels on the Italeri Kubelwagen as the hub detail is lacking?

Personally (and I don't want to start an argument), I think the photo shows a thick layer of dust, either built up with time or deliberately applied as camouflage, as It has a worn off look rather than chipped paint. Several photos in the Tankograd book on the Kubelwagen show dark grey Kubelwagens in Africa with a thick layer of dust, that has worn off in places, while others have definitely been painted. One photo shows a dusty Kubelwagen next to a hard edge camouflage painted halftrack, the halftrack shows chipping on the engine cover, while the Kubelwagen has a dusty worn look. Something to consider, but it is up to you, it's your model!

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Tony Lee Watts » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Where's the heater switch in this buggy? :lol:

Tony lee
Shoot Low Boys
They're Ridin Ponies
Tony Lee Watts

Postby Dario Risso » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:09 am

Thanks guys.
Tim, the Windshield and side windows was airbrushed with Tamiya XF-2, very, very diluted in isopropilic alcohol (just 5-10 % paint) then some paint was removed with a cotton swab
I don't like spend money in aftermarkets; anyway, is not uncommon see Kübels without the wheels hubs:

Thanks for your opinion about the dust, I will look for other pics

Tony...I forget to point it...the heat comes from Di Caprio and Winslet...they are inside making...you know :lol:

Thanks for looking and comment

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Tim Coulson » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:18 pm

Tim Coulson

Postby Roy Schlicht » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:23 am

Lots of interesting photos and good looking model.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Dario Risso » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:32 pm

Thanks for those pics, Tim!
I paint the whitewash with artist acrylic, with a drop of Tamiya Flat base.

Remember I'm trying to represent a car painted in this way:

I wonder if that car was painted by a drunk soldier or what ...there is no sense on those brushmarks

My model in B & W

Any suggestion? I should add some snow over it? Perhaps mud on wheels?

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Tim Coulson » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:39 pm

Tim Coulson

Postby Dario Risso » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:43 pm

Thanks, Tim!
Well, this is the other PKW, the Ramcke Brigade Kübel, painted in the ...er...april 1942? scheme, RAL 8000/7008. I used car paints, mixing some to obtain the colors. They doesn't looks in the pics exactly as they actually are, at least in my monitor.

After the paints dry I brush a coat of acrylic floor polish, add the decals, and cover them with more floor polish.
Then I made some chipping, with artist acrylic paints and a sponge.
A couple of washes was applied, using oils, black and or raw umber, diluted in white spirit.
Finally I try some pigment for the dust, but it will be reenforced later, when all the parts is glued (doors, wheels and windshield are not glued yet)

Details on the dashboard: speedometer and, of course, the start key :)

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Tim Coulson » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:09 pm

Looking good. thumb6

The wash has really enhanced the wheel detail.
Tim Coulson

PreviousNext

Return to German Softskin Vehicles