Italeri ~ Opel Blitz German Truck 3t Type S

Italeri ~ Opel Blitz German Truck 3t Type S

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:51 pm

An old kit that some say still has some nice features compared to the new Dragon kit, we will see...
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Italeri ~ Opel Blitz German Truck 3t Type S

Postby Tim Coulson » Tue May 01, 2012 11:38 am

Does this kit have six hole wheels for the front as shown on the box? My kit had the later type 8 hole wheels for the front, but still had the early six hole wheels for the rear.

Italeri decided to put the pin marks on the rear wheels on the visible side and they aren't that easy to fill. :roll:

One side of the cargo bay wall had a lot of distortion on my kit and there are a lot of pin mark to fill. The Eduard etch set for this kit provides some nice parts, but also has a lot of incorrect/wrong size parts as I found out to my cost. wallbash

Unfortunately my almost complete kit was broken during my house move. :-(

This kit does build into a nice model of the early war Blitz cargo truck, but some areas are showing it's age. The Tankograd book on the Blitz has lots of useful photos and info and shows the differences between the Blitz types.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Re: Italeri ~ Opel Blitz German Truck 3t Type S

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed May 02, 2012 8:47 am

Yep, an oldie but goodie. Being an older Italeri kit it is riddled with ejector pin marks but Tamiya's newer one is also. Dragons is pretty damn nice but it is about 30 years younger also. Get some Hussar wheels for it and put the rear canvas cover on it to hide the pin marks and you'll be good.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Return to German Softskin Vehicles