[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Krupp L3H163 (German truck) ICM

Krupp L3H163 (German truck) ICM

Krupp L3H163 (German truck) ICM

Postby Milan Mynar » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:59 am

Dear colleagues, here are some photos from my last model. This is a German truck Krupp L3H163 made by ICM.

First I assembled the engine.

The second step was assembling the frame.

The third step was assembling of rear part of chassis.

A bit of bonding.

The assembling of rear wheels.

The continuation of building model.

Milan Mynar

Re: Krupp L3H163 (German truck) ICM

Postby Derek Baker » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:41 am

Your project is progressing well Milan! It looks like a nice clean build. Also, there will be a good opportunity for you to be creative when it is time to give the truck some cargo to carry.
thumb6
Did you find that ICM has designed a good kit? Do all the major parts fit properly, or did you have to make some corrections or repairs?

I am looking forward to your next update on this build. :)

Ciao,

Derek
Derek Baker

Postby Milan Mynar » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:44 am

Here is my next progress, for the first time engine compartment.

There was only one repair, I had to made. I replaced plastic part by wire because plasitic parts were very fragile.

It realy looks better.

Is it looking like a big truck, isn´t it ?

Model is ready for painting.

Tomorrow next phase of building of this model, painting.
Milan Mynar

Postby Roy Schlicht » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:36 am

Quite a few projects on your bench. Looking good. I think this is a good looking truck. I must commend ICM for bringing these to market although I wish they were less expensive here in the U.S.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Dario Risso » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:51 am

Very nice LKW, Milan thumb1

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Tim Coulson » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:19 am

Nice work Milan. thumb6

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Milan Mynar » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:02 am

The first phase of painting, Mr. collor surfacer 1000.

Milan Mynar

Postby David Madsen » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:24 am

Milan, looking good. Do you airbrush Mr Suface 1000? Do you thin it with anything? I've heard that it can get stringer and just be problematic when put through an airbrush. I have some of my own but I haven't been brave enough to try it.
David Madsen

Postby Milan Mynar » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:46 am

Yes David, I sprayed surfacer by spray gun. It was hard work, I had to clean the spray gun many times. I have to buy some simple spray gun with bigger nozzle, only for surfacer spraying.
Next photos, model is sprayed by Revell email color 78 grey.

Milan Mynar

Postby Milan Mynar » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:12 am

Little progress, an exhaust pipe is glued to the frame.

The fragile parts G 26 I glued some other way than as described in the instructions.

The model lying on the base.

Milan Mynar

Next

Return to German Softskin Vehicles