[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Tamiya 1/16 R/C Tiger I

Tamiya 1/16 R/C Tiger I

A place to share images and descriptions of finished works

Tamiya 1/16 R/C Tiger I

Postby Kirk Johnston » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:15 pm

Took a short break on my 1/16 King Tiger to finish this project up. Built it stock from the box due to the rough handling it will receive as an R/C model.

[img]Front%20Elevated%20View%20-%20Resized.jpg[/img]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kirk Johnston

Re: Tamiya 1/16 R/C Tiger I

Postby Derek Baker » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:03 pm

NICE!
thumb4
Really good build Kirk, and I really like what you did with the camo!
thumb6
If there were more non-RC 1/16 kits available, I would make them the focus of my modelling hobby, as my aging eyes and less-steady hands find 1/35 scale a bit challenging, but there isn't enough variety to commit to just 1/16 scale for static models......not yet anyway....
:oops:
Cheers,

Derek
Derek Baker

Postby Kirk Johnston » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Derek,

Thanks for the compliment, first kit in 1/16 that I have finished, need to experiment more with weathering, techniques that worked in 1/35 don't necessarily work in 1/16. But since this kit is a R/C model, should get naturally weathered running around outside.

I also would like to see more in the 1/16 area as I really do like working in this scale, smaller scales were getting difficult for me to, about at the top of the number scale on optivisor lens! Keeping my fingers crossed that Trumpeter will do more kits in the 1/16 range, like a Panther or even the Sherman.......Have heard some rumblings that there next 1/16 kit is a SU100, which is nice but just cannot get excited about that one.

Cheers

Kirk
Kirk Johnston

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:12 pm

What rough handelling are you expecting? Looks good.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Kirk Johnston » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:10 am

Battling in out with T-34's of course!
Kirk Johnston

Postby Tim Coulson » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Nice work Kirk. thumb6
Tim Coulson

Return to Completed model project gallery