[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Mercedes L4500R Maultier + 8,8 cm PaK 43

Mercedes L4500R Maultier + 8,8 cm PaK 43

A place to share images and descriptions of finished works

Mercedes L4500R Maultier + 8,8 cm PaK 43

Postby Dario Risso » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Kits used (1/35)

Half-Track: Zvezda 3603
Gun: Trumpeter 2308
Figures: Miniart 35062

I'm sorry about the poor quality of the pics; my Nikon doesn't work well with white background :evil:

You can see the Construction Steps here: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=557

Darío
Dario Risso

Re: Mercedes L4500R Maultier + 8,8 cm PaK 43

Postby Tim Coulson » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:41 am

Great work Darío. thumb6

The figures and groundwork are very nice and give an idea of the size and length of the vehicle. thumb6

The photos look good to me. The white to grey almost looks like it has been applied in Photoshop as a graduated background. The creases are more distracting. Most cameras have difficulty with large white areas as they always try to achieve 18% grey.

You may find adding exposure compensation on your camera will help as it will tell it to overexpose slightly by the set amount.

Tim

Edit: If you play around with the levels and contrast in a photo editing program you can remove most of the grey and make the background whiter. If you like I can adjust them for you.
Tim Coulson

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:06 am

Very nice. Love it. My only critique would be the tracks. Tha top run on them looks odd. Other than that, fantastic.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Dario Risso » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:52 pm

Thanks guys!
Tim, I modified the level of the original pictures with Photoshop (you know...Ctrl+L, then choose the little dropper or moving the grey level) That's all I know to do with PS :oops: . Can you showme another different trick?

Roy...that is because Maultier tracks ...are odd!! :D

No, seriously, I try to imitate the shape of some pics, like these (but maybe I fail):

Thanks to both for looking and comment.

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Tim Coulson » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Some quick edits. I used the magic wand tool to select the background and fine tuned the selection with the lasso tool in Paint Shop Pro. I then increased the brightness and contrast to get a whiter background.

You can use an overall brightness or contrast and levels if the background is a little grey. I just adjust the sliders or dropper until it looks right.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Dario Risso » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:13 pm

Wow, it looks much better!! Thanks Tim!!

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby David Madsen » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Very nice Dario, you've done an excellent job there. I like the style of th e original photos with the grey gradient.
David Madsen

Postby Tim Coulson » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:46 am

You're welcome Darío.
Tim Coulson

Postby Roy Schlicht » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:49 am

To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Derek Baker » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:17 pm

Darius

I am very impressed ! You are very creative and talented! thumb1

A question for you: How well did Mercedes kit go together? Did you have to do any repairs or correct any errors in the design?

Perhaps one day I will build this truck. It will be the only way I will ever be able to own a Mercedes! :D

cheers,

Derek
Derek Baker

Next

Return to Completed model project gallery