[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Box art scans or pictures

Box art scans or pictures

A place to share images and descriptions of finished works

Box art scans or pictures

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:00 am

Hey guys, don't know why I didn't think of this before but let's start posting scans or pictures of the box art from our hobby. I personally have always loved this stuff, one of the main reasons I was drawn in when I was a kid. Maybe I'll start a gallery for these that we can upload too and then link to here. Been thinking we should also share all our eBay pics too?
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Box art scans or pictures

Postby David Madsen » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:15 am

Good idea, I too like the box art of the kits. When I am done with a kit I cut folds off the box and store it away, just too keep track of what I've done. Some day I'd like to cover a wall with them, when I have a proper working space. I have a question though, I've heard ebay referenced many times for locations on pics from everyone, but i haven't found where these are. Could you point me in the right direction?
David Madsen

Postby Dario Risso » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:03 pm

James, good idea, I like box arts too.
David, take a look every friday at Missing Link Axis Discussion Group; a guy named Eric Reits post lot of links every week.
This is the DG link:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/

One of Eric posts:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/th ... us+items...

Dennis Trowbridge has a collection too:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/th ... Bay+photos

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:10 pm

It's a little tricky and time consuming, but pics from Smug can be saved using Mozilla Firefox (and may be with IE, searching the Temporary Files).
In the case of the 200 eBay pics, I first choose XLARGE version of the pic
Then I right click on the black zone of the screen and choose "See page information" (I have FFox in spanish, so I'm traslating what I read, I don't know if is the same in english)
Then I choose "Media" and look for the large pic link, like this one, for the first pic:

http://jtrowbridge5.smugmug.com/EbayPho ... 1wm-XL.jpg

Then "Save as" and ready, picture saved

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:39 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:51 pm

Why don't we pool our resources. Every model we build scan the box top and upload it to the gallery space I'll set up. Also when searching online maybe look for and download good images of old box art. Again these can be sent up to the gallery. They need to be fairly good so no pixilation. Or send them to me at my email here, I can organize them. Scans should be the lowest 96 dpi. 1000 pixel wide images are good.

As for the eBay images. I've made my first zip collection of the past few weeks supply, that get posted over at ML? Downloading this will save you all the trouble of saving each one. Maybe some of you out there(Dario?) can send me zips of all your collections. Let me know and I'll send you a method to get them to me easy ie. Drop Box. Sharing is what builds community. thumb3
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:33 pm

Humm...the problem is I have all the "in campaign" pics separated in categories: I mean, all Pz I pics is in the Panzerkampfwagen DVD, Panzer I Folder and mixed with pics from everywhere, no just eBay pics. And so with every german vehicle, all clasified by type (Flakpanzer, LKW, Halbketten, PKW, etc)
I need to make a special folder for every vehicle to send to you, and that means ...time: Gimme a couple of weeks...or months :D

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:06 pm

I sent you a PM with the Mediafire link

D.
Dario Risso