[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - A Vignette and a Painting

A Vignette and a Painting

A place to share images and descriptions of finished works

A Vignette and a Painting

Postby Christopher Wright » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:55 am

Good Day Mates,
I have been rebuilding my web site, which I hope will go live this week, but I thought I would post a pic and a painting i did, if no one minds. I have more pics of the figures from different angles and can post them if people want.
This painting was worked from a photograph taken of a pair of TamiyaUSA® Model Kits, #36311 and #36307.
I assembled and painted the figures, placed them on a diorama base made from sculpey and cat litter, and placed them outside to photograph them in natural light. That photo was brought into Painter and sampled for color.
These are part of the military series I am working on. Water washes and chalk detail over a rough gesso canvas texture was simulated in Corel® Painter XI, and touched up in Adobe®Photoshop CS3 Extended.
I scratch built assault harnesses on both of them, as well as an mg-42 ammo can, zeltbahn, a spare barrel case for the tripod guy, and added many little details the Tamiya figures needed work on, such as the buttons and straps for the canteens. I even added little clips for where the straps for the gas mask carriers hook onto.

Christopher Wright

Return to Completed model project gallery