[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Intro, greetings, and painting

Intro, greetings, and painting

A place to share images and descriptions of finished works

Intro, greetings, and painting

Postby Christopher Wright » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:28 am

Hello.
I am new to this board but have always loved building and studying armor - esp. WWII German armor. I used to build models way back in the day, and got books on WWII history when and where I could find them. Now of course, things are different. Better kits, better references, and easier ways to communicate.
I am an artist/historical illustrator, and have recently started getting back into modeling, and have built a few kits. I shall post pics of them in the near future, but I thought I would introduce myself with "paintings" I have done of some of these kits. These paintings are my work, and when my web site is complete in its rebuild, you can see more work, but here is a few armor pics I hope you like.
Pz.Kpfw.III AusfN
A frozen Panzer III from s.Pz.Abt.502 in the Russian Winter. Painting used DML kit #6606 (pics of my build in the near future)

PzKpfwIVAusfJ
A Panzer IV marked with late fall camouflage that began life as a TamiyaUSA Model Kit #635181.(pics of my build in the near future)

Thanks for everything - hope you like the paintings.
If those pis were too big, I will provide smaller pics in the future.
Cheers!
Christopher Wright

Re: Intro, greetings, and painting

Postby David Madsen » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:20 pm

These paintings are very good. Look forward to seeing some of your model work as well. Welcome!
David Madsen

Postby Dario Risso » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:16 pm

Beautiful painting!! I still don't know how you painters make the tracks; I've tried to draw it once and...is so difficult! :painter: wallbash

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:56 pm

These look pretty good. What software are you using? Painter? Photoshop?
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Christopher Wright » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:19 am

@David - Thank you sir! I like this site and look forward to getting pics I can post. I have always done artwork, and using my models for "models" just makes sense to me!
@Darlo - As for making the tracks, I just take my time and make sure they look like what they are supposed to look like. Some of my paintings take a long time... I will post the initial sketch of the Pz. III and you can see how I started.
@Jamie - I use Corel Painter XI and Adobe PSCS5extended for a majority of my digital work. I do not generally clone, but will sit the model or a photo of the model in front of me and work from the old Mark 1 Eyeball, like I was taught to do in school. I will sometimes set up lighting and a rudimentary background, other times I work from an image at hand. Even this sketch took me a few hours - I have about two days invested in the painting...

Christopher Wright

Postby Christopher Wright » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:56 am

Good day Mates!
I am glad to say I have my computers running again. I had a frightful disaster, and am only now getting some of my data and accounts rebuilt. Please forgive if some of the past links had been broken - I am trying to get them fixed now.

Current Projects - adding interior and zimmerit to a StuG III Ausf G.
I also have a massive scratchbuild I have been working on, but it is a little wetter than even a Tauchpanzer can get...
It IS in 1:35th scale, and IS from WWII, and IS terriply fun...if anyone wants to see it I am TopherVIIC over at the wonderful AMP site.

Cheers Mates - glad to be able to get back to seeing people's work here.
Christopher
Christopher Wright

Postby Dario Risso » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:44 am

Thanks for showing the sketch, Christ; nice job on the sub, BTW !
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Christopher Wright » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:59 am

Darío,
Thank you sir! I am trying to get back to more active modeling. I am quite enjoying the U-boat scratch build, but have some armor projects I am also working on to change pace!
Christopher
Christopher Wright

Postby Tim Coulson » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:55 pm

Impressive scratch building on a very large model!
Tim Coulson

Return to Completed model project gallery