[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Sdkfz 7 details (paint chips mostly)

Sdkfz 7 details (paint chips mostly)

A place to post research questions and post information about armour

Sdkfz 7 details (paint chips mostly)

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:14 pm

Hi guys.
I am a lucky sod as this week end Hilary Doyle was my guest, at home, and we spent the day, yesterday, at the Saumur museum surveying various vehicles including the SdKfz 7 Flak they have. Since some people asked about how the various parts of the undercarriage were painted I made a series of close up pics that might be of some interest. As far as I know (I asked the people who deal with the maintenance of the vhicles) the paint on this one is original with the exceptions of some black paint added on the undercarriage close to the cabin, probably in the 90s. Traces of the original three tome camo can be seen on the cabin and one can see that most of the undercarriage parts, including transmission, were painted Dunkelgelb.
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Re: Sdkfz 7 details (paint chips mostly)

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:18 pm

Just for the fun of it ... I tokk some pics of the same vehicle in the late 80's ...

Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Tim Coulson » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:13 am

Nice photos, thanks Laurent.
Tim Coulson

Postby Dario Risso » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:47 am

Man, you are a very lucky guy!!! And we are too for be able to enjoy those pics.

Tnhaks!!

DarĂ­o
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:07 am

Lucky, lucky guy!
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:13 pm

A fewmore pics to share, the Pz IV Ausf J (Vomag) they're currently restoring, including close up pics of the track links, the cupola and the gun. We spent most of the time making measurements of the StuPa so I didn't really had time to take pics. I'll post them when I"m back fron Sunny England next week.
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:58 am

I can't resist, I have to share that one with you guys ... your humble servant measuring up the StuPa cupole which took me almost 45 minutes can you beliebe that ?

Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Roy Schlicht » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:02 am

To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Return to Armour Depot