[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Sd.Kfz. 251/17 C

Sd.Kfz. 251/17 C

A place to post research questions and post information about armour

Sd.Kfz. 251/17 C

Postby Dario Risso » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:51 pm

I've received the AFV Club yesterday, so I started the searching of info and I've found at the moment some threads in ML Axis Forum about the "no existence" of such vehicle :shock: :evil:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/th ... 4/251-17+C

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/th ... hull+sides

Can anybody confirm this fact and/or recommend some books/website about it?
Tanks a lot
Darío
Dario Risso

Re: Sd.Kfz. 251/17 C

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:38 pm

I'm not that familiar with this particular vehicle and the designation, but perhaps its just the name is wrong, for a vehicle that did in fact exist? I'll see if I can make time/remember to take a look into it for you. ;-)
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:46 pm

Yes James, I ask wrong; the vehicle did existed, but it's not named "Sd.Kfz. 251/17 Ausf. C"
Apparently the only "official" Sd.Kfz. 251/17 was the Ausf. D

Thanks
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:42 am

Yes from what I can see in some of the books, the one designation of 251/17 was a type D with a different type of gun system. The C was a freak.
here a couple of pics I scanned for you from GP No.66

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:57 pm

Thanks, James; I didn't have those pics! thumb5

Darío
Last edited by Dario Risso on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:01 pm

I think I can add some more later, from Herman Goering Div
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:24 pm

Someone tell me the Ryton's book Schützenpanzer is a good source for pics of the Sd.Kfz.251 slash....I mean....Sd.Kfz. 251 mit 2 cm FlaK 38 amer_lol
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/ ... ousmons-20
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:42 pm

It's got four pages of really good pics.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:44 pm

This are all the pics I have of this subjetc (click for the fullsize images):

The sources was Internet and some books:
Schutzenpanzer - Tornado - Tanks on the Battlefield 4
Sd.Kfz. 251 - Editions du Barbotin - Centurytracks 2
Sd.Kfz. 251 in action

Darío
Dario Risso