[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Sd.Kfz 171 Panther G Late Colour Schemes

Sd.Kfz 171 Panther G Late Colour Schemes

A place to post research questions and post information about armour

Sd.Kfz 171 Panther G Late Colour Schemes

Postby Tim Coulson » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:30 am

I need some help with the colour scheme for my Panther Ausf. G.

I've found these photos of Panthers 301 & 302 on Planet Armor.

http://planetarmor.com/forums/showpost. ... ostcount=5

Does anyone have any other photos/colour profiles of Panthers 301 & 302?

Did both of these Panthers have a RAL 7028, RAL 6003 & RAL 8017 scheme? (Dark Yellow, Olive Green, Chocolate Brown)

Is the Tamiya box art and paint guide accurate for 301? (see below) I can't see the ambush pattern in the photo of 301.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Re: Sd.Kfz 171 Panther G Late Colour Schemes

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:17 pm

Hi Tim, sorry if I can't get to it right now but I'll try and take a look sometime in the coming days!
Maybe Darren, who is way more knowledgeable than me about such things has some info?
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:35 am

Tim Coulson

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:00 am

Neither "301" nor "302" do have the so-called "ambush camo".
I wonder where Tamiya-San got this silly idea from ... ?
From the back of my age-ing memory the major issue with the Tamiya kit is the front plate - hull roof junction which is not correct. One can tell the difference when comparing with one of the recent DML Ausf G kits. Various modellers have various ways of fixing this issue or just letting it be that way as you can see in AFV modeller #16 issue.Darren just let it be on his superb "002" Befehls or so it seems.
Another issue obviously beeing the idler wheel.
As far as I'm concerned I rebuilt this front plate.
and used one upgraded Italeri idler wheel.

Now it's better to have a look at the real thing and compare to the kit (which I have built some 4 years ago so I do not remember how exactly the kit looks like.

Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:11 am

Thanks for the info and photos Laurent.thumb6

I didn't know about the glacis plate, thanks. Looks like I've got some decisions to make. I've got the Friulmodel idler set to replace the kit ones.

Thanks

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:20 am

Friul idler is OK for a self cleaning idler wheel.
About the front plate it should be "flush" (?) with the roof as you can see on the pics I posted ...
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:05 pm

Tim Coulson

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:05 am

I found it easyer to completely sand down the front plate and re-build it using one "l shaped" piece of plastruct ( same as evergreen) "rod" because you also have to make the hull roof about one millimeter longer if you see what I mean ? The actual kit welding seam is one mm to far to the rear. If you want me to I can post a clearer pic of what the result should be (and is on my model, more or less).
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Tim Coulson » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:16 am

Tim Coulson

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:33 am

Tim. You won't believe it but, we have such a bad weather here it is so dark even at noon I just can't take one decent pic of the model ... the flash light has to be used so I end up with bad pics ...
#^(
I see what I can do later ...

By the way, since you asked about "301" & "302" ... please note they are a bit different which you can tell from the Balkenkreuz location.
"301" has it in the regular MAN location, in the front corner when "302" has it on the turret sides. We the can assume "301" has the regular factory camo pattern of yellow-green-brown. "302" then has a different camo pattern, more "striped" than the usual "clouds". This type of marking was more commonly found on Befehls Panthers eventho it doesn't seem to be one.
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)
Laurent Moitrot

Next

Return to Armour Depot