[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Flak 3.7cm 18/36/37 gun & ammunition clips photos wanted

Flak 3.7cm 18/36/37 gun & ammunition clips photos wanted

A place to post research questions and post information about armour

Flak 3.7cm 18/36/37 gun & ammunition clips photos wanted

Postby Tim Coulson » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:36 pm

I am looking for any photos of the Flak 3.7cm 18/36/37 gun & ammunition clips.

I've found a few photos on the internet, but they don't show the clips very well or they show the Flak 3.7cm 43 clips which were different.

Thanks in advance.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Re: Flak 3.7cm 18/36/37 gun & ammunition clips photos wanted

Postby Dario Risso » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:59 pm

This is the only link I have:

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... t=7cm+Flak

If I find more in my bookstore I will let you know

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Tim Coulson » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:20 pm

Thanks Darío.
Tim Coulson

Postby Dario Risso » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:18 pm

You're wellcome; but I'm not sure what it you are looking for: what part the "clip" is ?

If is something abour the ammo boxes, may be you can find something here:

http://wehrmachts.kisten.free.fr/sommaire_flak.htm

Darío

PD: I've checked my bookstore, I find...nothing :evil:
Dario Risso

Postby Tim Coulson » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:46 am

Thanks for looking in your books Darío.

I did eventually find the link for the ammo boxes, thanks anyway.

The ammunition clips/magazines or ammo trays (what ever you want to call them) look like this http://www.missing-lynx.com/library/ger ... zsen32.jpg

I would like to see the other side!

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:53 am

Tim Coulson

Postby Tim Coulson » Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:38 am

I contacted Alliance Model Works pointing out what I have discovered and I received this reply. (Posted with permission from AMW)

"Hi, Tim,

We took a gamble, that there were spring loaded 6 round clips. Because the hard divider type is too difficult to construct in PE.
The divider itself would need to be C shaped stack-on pieces that are about 0.3mm wide. Our first batch was actually this design. Upon testing it was determined they're beyond difficult to make and the compromises were made.

And you're absolutely correct, all the 6 round clips we've seen have hard dividers, and all the 8 round clips are spring loaded...

Brian"

Brian has informed me that AMW will be redesigning the set and will also be releasing a new set for the Flak 43.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Dario Risso » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:20 am

Wow! It's nice when the model builders response to modellers questions, isn't? thumb1

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:47 am

Tim Coulson

Postby Allan Williams » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:02 am

Hi Tim,
I have the 3 main manuals for the 3.7cm Flak 36, (Lafette, Schutzschild and Waffe) and although I haven't even begun to start scanning them yet, if there's specific details you're after I should be able to help.
Looking forward to seeing your build.
Cheers
Allan
Allan Williams

Next

Return to Armour Depot