[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Panzerkampfwagen Interior Colours

Panzerkampfwagen Interior Colours

A place to post research questions and post information about armour

Re: Panzerkampfwagen I Ausf.A ohne Aufbau

Postby Dan Reed » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:47 am

Laurent,
On this tank it seems to be more about when it came back to the factory for it's upgrade. As for the interior colors I think they are the original colors as Ft. Knox is a US Army post, and most of the volunteers who work there are ex-Tankers, they would have painted the interior gloss white, as a US tank, not take the time to paint only some of it all these different colors.
Here is the Patton museum's SDKFZ 223 100_3813.jpg
It's a off white color everywhere.
My 2 cents.
Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dan Reed

Postby Dan Reed » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:34 pm

A few more pics on this site-scroll down a bit: http://worldwartwozone.com/forums/showt ... ght=panzer

Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:35 am

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Back to the Fahrschulwanne I ausf A

Postby GMARTI » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:41 am

The first Fahrschulwanne were build on Series I chassis, and painted green. But the next series was built on Pz I Ausf B. Don't know how they were painted, but it was 1936 and discretion wasn't yet needed. The Fahrschulwanne on Pz I ausf A were true tanks whose structure was removed and installed on Pz I Ausf B Umbauwagen. So, those Fahrschulwanne had the interior colours of a regular Pz I Ausf A. I think green doesn't applies to them.
GMARTI

Re: Back to the Fahrschulwanne I ausf A

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:33 am

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Panzerkampfwagen Interior Colours

Postby GMARTI » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:24 pm

You're right. Without a documentary proof against, the green floor is plausible.
My experience is a few minutes inside the wracks of a Pz I ausf A and an Ausf B, shooting photos as quick as the camera flash recharged. The colours were tan on vertical walls and very dark grey on horizontal decks. Of course, two out of 1500 vehicles isn't significative.
GMARTI

Re: Panzerkampfwagen Interior Colours

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Armour Depot