[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Panzerkampfwagen Interior Colours

Panzerkampfwagen Interior Colours

A place to post research questions and post information about armour

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:05 am

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Panzerkampfwagen I Ausf.A ohne Aufbau

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:31 am

By the way, the Jentz - Doyle book about paint still is "in the air" only they keep it for the time when they won't be able to travel the world to survey actual tanks and vehicles.
Hopefully since Tom feels much better these days it is again postponed.
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Dan Reed » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:29 pm

Check this photo out: http://community.webshots.com/photo/ful ... 4314KIFvme
The whole albium: http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/559346084fIVaiG
While not a PZ IA, (it's a upgraded PZ IIIF at Ft.Knox) notice how complex the painting is here-many colors here and the floor looks to be almost black (RLM66?). I still don't understand why they didn't go with plain gloss white... #^(
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:56 pm

Dan.
Very interesting pics.
They prove the "two tones" theory right.
Lower part is grey. One can not trust the "tone" of the color after all these years as it may be much darker than it was originally yet some parts look as "grey green" to me.
Now it brings out more questions.
Do we know the whereabouts of this Pz III ?
It is Tropen.
Does it come from DAK ? I'd say yes.
One very interesting pic shows a hatch door with multiple layers of paint. Pic #3.
We have red primer then a light (Ivory ?) color then dunkelgrau.
Pic #13 is also interesting. Mainly red primer, no visible traces of Dunkelgrau.
Pic #16 : red primer and what seems like Dunkelgrau again.
So my question again : where does this fellow come from ? When was it captured ? Has it been repainted at some moment ? When was the L/60 gun added ?
Loads of "Whys" ...
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:24 am

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:27 am

Guys,
This tank has been on display for many years at the Patton Museum at Ft.Knox, KY, USA; it was collected in 1945 by the US Army-now it is in storage. It has been upgraded as you can tell-it is a F with many late features. If you have the Panzer Tracts book on the III E-H there is a chapter on the upgrading of the early III's and this tank fits this to a T.
It has markings of the 116th PD, but the outside has been repainted, so who knows ifthat is correct?
I beleive it was a training tank as the long barreled 75mm seen on IVD's.
Look at the bottom right side on the mantlet-there is a small penatration.
One could talk about colors on this one all day!
More later as I'm at work! 8-)
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Dan Reed » Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:29 am

Dan Reed

Postby Dan Reed » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:36 pm

Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:30 pm

Thanks Dan! :Y)
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:34 pm

Dan thanks for the links.
As it seems this bugger has seen various modifications since he went out of the factory yard ... may not be trusted for colors, even inside ?
Judging by what they did to the Saumur and Bovington tanks, in the best of case they used a "close" color ...
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- Pz IV H. (98%)
Laurent Moitrot

Next

Return to Armour Depot