Wingnut Wings~ Junkers J.1

Work revolving around Early Allied Armoured Vehicles
Tanks played a great role in World War II. Invented by the British in World War I, the tank gradually improved in the inter-war period and also saw rapid changes in the Second World War. At one point a tank seemed to be state-of-the-art, then a year later it was obsolete.

Wingnut Wings~ Junkers J.1

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:57 pm

I am drawn to WWI planes as I am to tanks. I just thought I'd buy a few of these excellent kits from Wingnuts statring with the first one the Junkers J1
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Wingnut Wings~ Junkers J.1

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed May 02, 2012 9:00 am

Jaaaaames, what is this I'm looking at here? ;-) I have three WNW kits, the Albatross D.V (my favorite WWI Airplane), the Pfalz D.XII (my second favorite WWI airplane) and the Bristol FE.2b. I too am a WWI aircraft nut and have several of them mostly in 48 scale.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Paul Truesdale » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:20 am

Looks like a flying stovepipe..... :D

Used to love building these as a kid...maybe 1/76 scale or somethin....nice looking kit!

Paul
Paul Truesdale

Postby Roy Schlicht » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:00 am

One thing to remember is that when these things were flying they were the cutting edge of technology. the latest and greatest. They never had a shortage of volunteers looking to become pilots same as today. In the present we look back at those things and think those guys had to be idiots to want to fly in those death traps. 100 years from now they might be saying the same thing about us today.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Return to Allied Tanks Of World War I