[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Little Willie ~ Accurate Armour

Little Willie ~ Accurate Armour

Work revolving around Early Allied Armoured Vehicles
Tanks played a great role in World War II. Invented by the British in World War I, the tank gradually improved in the inter-war period and also saw rapid changes in the Second World War. At one point a tank seemed to be state-of-the-art, then a year later it was obsolete.

Re: Little Willie ~ Accurate Armour

Postby David Madsen » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:27 pm

That's quite a beauty!
David Madsen

Postby Tim Coulson » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:35 am

Looking good. thumb6
Tim Coulson

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Okay now that the funeral for my Mother is passed and my life is getting back to "normal" I'm gonna git back into this one. I will take some snaps as to how it stands now and then I will start trying to get a nice display base for this to sit in. :Y) Rock on!
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:08 pm

So here are some shots as promised as to where this is at this point. Now I plan on respraying some of the grey back into the body of the tank, specifically on the sides where there are stains from the thinner used to secure the pigments. Also you can see that I have bought a wood base for a little setting I'm going to try and do.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:13 pm

Looks pretty damn good. Those tide marks are such a pain in the ass sometimes. Great job.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:22 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby John Tolcher » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:09 am

Hi Jamie, this looks very nice! I reckon any model tank collection would be enhanced by one of these, the place where it all began. The painting and weathering are first rate!

Cheers
JT
John Tolcher

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:18 pm

Thanks John. I appreciate that coming from someone who does as inspiring work as you!
I have been working on getting a base don. Stained it and use a water based clear coat to prepare the base.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:36 am

Nice work on the base Jamie. thumb6
Tim Coulson

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:37 am

Great looking vehicle. So is it going to be crawling through the mud?

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

PreviousNext

Return to Allied Tanks Of World War I