[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Little Willie ~ Accurate Armour

Little Willie ~ Accurate Armour

Work revolving around Early Allied Armoured Vehicles
Tanks played a great role in World War II. Invented by the British in World War I, the tank gradually improved in the inter-war period and also saw rapid changes in the Second World War. At one point a tank seemed to be state-of-the-art, then a year later it was obsolete.

Re: Little Willie ~ Accurate Armour

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Here is part one.

here I have uploaded the second. Sorry for the quality here but these were cheap and cheerful, quick and dirty. BTW you may want to check the other vid I have on my channel as they might be helpful on the topic, with a different approach.

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:28 am

Many thanks for the videos Jamie, most helpful. thumb6
Tim Coulson

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:18 am

To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:26 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:31 pm

Thanks for those videos on your technique. Is there an advantage for using the Tamiya thinner over others such as a turpinoid or even Mig's own thinner?
David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:42 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:08 pm

Roy Schlicht

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:36 pm

So after getting back from visiting my ailing mother, I was determined to get this on finished. Now this is a pretty good kit but it has some flaws. One being the two part chain and the way that all went together. The cover plating needs to be added after the chain is stuck on the front middle axle. Now the back end needs to be positioned over the bump on the rear inside face on the track sponsons. Accurate Armour did not really make clear as to how this should all look and in the following pictures of the nearly complete kit I have epoxied the track sponsons in place. Frustratingly the chain was not in the correct place after this set and as it seems more is revealed as one builds a kit I had to rip the sponsons off and retry. The chain was destroyed after several gaffs while trying to position everything while gluing the sponsons on and taking the sponsons off the axle reduced the brittle resin parts to useless bits. I emailed Derek Hansen at AA and he was kind enough to send me some replacement parts-(Thanks Derek!) http://tinyurl.com/7tnehzx
I then cut these from the pour sprue and cleaned everything up and glued them together. I repainted them and came up with a new strategy to get everything all lined up and in position. These pics with the green background are of the Little Willie before the reconfig.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:38 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:41 am

Looking pretty damn good to me. It amazing that a box with tracks could look so cool.

Roy
Roy Schlicht

PreviousNext

Return to Allied Tanks Of World War I