[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - BA-10M - Zvezda 3617

BA-10M - Zvezda 3617

The various types of Soviet armor used in WWII

BA-10M - Zvezda 3617

Postby Dario Risso » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:09 pm

A friend gives me this kit partially built:

As you can see, it was needed to add "some" rivets: 150 or so :shock: and some welding seam (I don't know were)

This kit was released before by Eastern Express and Toko, so, some sprues came from different manufacturers and I think this is the cause of the bad fitting of the wheels parts; the tire part came in rubber and the centre is formed by 2 part and some of then does not want to fit into the rubber center :evil:

So, I take a drastic solution: surgery; I take my scalpel, #11 blade and cut the inner part of some wheels; you can see the scars pointed by the red arrows in the right side wheel; the other wheel show a nice detail: the tire brand and specifications, I think

Another issue of this vehicle is the front axle, located too ahead; I've read some modellers cut the chassis, but I'm not sure about the measures, so I use a less risky way; I add a new part (a single piece of plasticard) to install the front axle

Well, I've not decided the colors yet, but may be this, represented in the box art

Cheers
Darío
Dario Risso

Re: BA-10M - Zvezda 3617

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:17 am

cool , I've always wanted to build one of these Dario, will be watching. thumb1
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:13 pm

I reccomend you wait for the Miniart release; they has released the wheels, so it's expected they will release the rest of the car soon...or not :fritz:

Well, as always, I could not resist to add some details; anyway it can not end worst than OOB...or it can?
I add some home made rivets (hot sprue moulded in a epoxi putty mold) and made some recessed lines between plates.

I don't like the shape of the front fenders, so I try to correct them with epoxi putty. I add the fron part, below the radiator, that Zvezda forget to include

Here you can see the actual shape of the fenders and the part below the radiator. My part is too long, I will short it later

The only museum vehicle I find is one from the Finnish Army, used until 1955 or so; the part I've mentioned has some kind of armor added

And finally, I will correct the shape of the horribles front lights

BTW, I change my mind about the camo; I like this winter scheme

Ideas and comments, wellcomed

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:24 am

Nice work Dario. thumb6
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dario Risso » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:49 pm

Thanks James!
After adding some details, like the towing hooks (front and rear) and meanwhile the wheels comes from Buenos Aires, I started the painting job

First, a coat of "russian green" Don't ask me brand or reference code, it's automotive paint :)

Then some coats of clear satin lacquer (automotive type too)
I cut some Tamiya tape with a cutter for masking

And finally, Tamiya acrilic XF-2

That's all for tonight; tomorrow the fun begins: white acrilic mapping, green applied with sponge. dark brown washes and...Will see what else

I got a question: is there a number where the red arrow points?

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby David Madsen » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:12 am

Looking really good, I like the camouflage choice.
David Madsen

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:13 am

Looking good Darío.thumb6

The masking must have taken a while!

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:11 am

Groovy hippy_smilie
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:34 am

Tim Coulson

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:56 am

what is the source of the picture Dario , maybe I have a better version or a different view in my collection?
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Next

Return to Russian Tanks of World War Two