[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Zvezda T-26 Soviet Light Tank mod. of 1933

Zvezda T-26 Soviet Light Tank mod. of 1933

The various types of Soviet armor used in WWII

Re: Zvezda T-26 Soviet Light Tank mod. of 1933

Postby Tim Coulson » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:27 am

Tim Coulson

Postby David Madsen » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:26 pm

David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:00 pm

I think you are on a bit of a learning curve. I think some can be glue and some soldered, soldering things that need to stay strong.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:03 pm

More painstaking work with PE on the left fender, I'm still rough with such small objects but enjoying the progress.

Here is a before and after of the mods needed to add the PE to the fender.

Next is soldering braces to fender. To make work easier, I taped down the panel to a nice heat resistant ceramic tile. ;-)
David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:15 pm

practice makes perfect thumb2
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Thanks Jamie. Still after many frustrations I decided to finish the fenders with the PE and do the rest of the model with it's kit parts. I think a big issue I'm having is the PE kit is for the Mirage brand and have been running into some incompatibility problems. I tried to make it work but I'm not pleased. But like you said it's all about practice. My next planned AFV is an Academy Stuart 'Honey' to which I already have a PE for that specific brand so we'll see how that goes when I get around to it. Anyways, I've finally sat down and worked on the T-26 so enjoy.

You can see in this picture I had to take some plastic away to allow the PE front fender sidewall to fit properly.
David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:29 pm

Glad to see the model is still getting worked on, and it looks like it's going well. Hope to see another update soon thumb5
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:04 pm

David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:23 pm

David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:09 pm

I've got the decals applied, My aim is for the Kiev's Military District of 1936 like the manual has suggested. After decals and another future coat I did a base oil wash. Next I'll be doing another coat and try some rain marks.

David Madsen

PreviousNext

Return to Russian Tanks of World War Two