[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Zvezda T-26 Soviet Light Tank mod. of 1933

Zvezda T-26 Soviet Light Tank mod. of 1933

The various types of Soviet armor used in WWII

Re: Zvezda T-26 Soviet Light Tank mod. of 1933

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:00 pm

go here and in the Photo etched set >> Armoured Fighting Vehicles section go to page 153 there are two sets for the T-26. (you can download a pdf of the instructions) It appears to have the screen. I'll maybe look through some of my old instructions and maybe I still have the ones I used. Or you could just improvise something and just save yourself the trouble. ;-)
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:48 am

David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:56 pm

whoops- posted as I was headed out to work this morning at 6AM
http://www.eduard.cz/
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:16 pm

found this pic showing the grid pattern of the screen, much bigger openings that were on the PE- you could probably find something to scratch up this detail?
This is from a Wydawnictwo Militariapublication, #193 ~ T-26 Vol. I
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:19 pm

I'm thinking a screen for a porch might do the trick actually, I'll have to see what I can scrounge up. Thanks for the pics!
David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Tedious work as I wait for some additional parts for the kit. Primed them with a semi-gloss black, Tamiya TS-29.

David Madsen

Postby Tim Coulson » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:25 pm

Good idea on using a porch screen, you could try mesh from an old sieve, if you have one.

Aber also do a range of photo etch screens.

http://aber.net.pl/list/siatki_i_plytki ... ia_w_rozn/

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby David Madsen » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:17 pm

So I finally received my Eduard PE set found from ebay so I've been able to continue my project. This is the first time I worked with PE, and I must say it's going to be a learning curve. I've had repeated frustrations and haven't been to happy with the result. I tried soldering the pieces together since I've done a lot of soldering before and had the supplies already. The solder never flowed well and I had a hard time just getting it to bond pieces together. cry Guess I need more practice.

As you can see, I've got the intake on as well as part of the muffler rings.
Not pleased with this right now, I've had to sand and remove to add the PE parts but been having trouble getting to those tight spots. Need smaller tools. It just looks rough, but perhaps when painting it will get covered up.
David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:24 pm

are you using enough flux, this was one of the things that I did wrong when I was starting out.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:14 am

David Madsen

PreviousNext

Return to Russian Tanks of World War Two