[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Zvezda T-26 Soviet Light Tank mod. of 1933

Zvezda T-26 Soviet Light Tank mod. of 1933

The various types of Soviet armor used in WWII

Zvezda T-26 Soviet Light Tank mod. of 1933

Postby David Madsen » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:26 pm

Here is my first armour kit that I plan to keep you all updated with the progress until finished. At any time please, if you have any pointers that will help me with future kits, please don't be afraid to chime in, still rather rusty on my abilities.

Now to the model...

This is one of the first models I've done out of the typical Tamiya and Revell that I find at most hobby stores. I was rather impressed with the parts in this kit by Zvezda. The molding has more detail then I am used to an many more tiny detail parts. This is quite a step up but I look forward to the challenge.

David Madsen

Re: Zvezda T-26 Soviet Light Tank mod. of 1933

Postby David Madsen » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:30 pm

David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:40 pm

Hi, glad to see ya posting something you are going to work on. I did a T-26 way back, but I think this is a new one?
Was reviewed at Terry Ashley's site
http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/r ... a3538.html
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:30 pm

David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Here I have the upper hull attached and needed to fill in some of the gaps. I used a auto glazing putty and used a toothpick to fill in. I wasn't really pleased with the end result. I feel like I ruined the sides by using sandpaper and some of the putty is still there. There are still some gaps there as well.

This piece, which looks to be an air intake I think for the radiator but I'm not sure, doesn't seem to fit at all. It's much too wide, but I think I can get it to work.

David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:43 pm

May I suggest you use some screen for that back part?

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:51 am

That's a good idea. Is that a porch screen that you used?
David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:31 am

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:34 am

Or it might have been Aber? I remember that before I knew better I posted the build over at this site...
http://www.track-link.net/gallery/1635
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:05 pm

Here is an aber detail kit I found for a Vickers E which is very close the the soviet alter T-26. It'd be a gamble to buy as I'm not sure the parts would be fully compatible. There appears to be a screen in that but I can't tell fully. I've never used PE parts before. Will regular old glue even attach the parts to plastics?

http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcart/c ... um=AB35004

Here is a Eduard set I found for a T-26 but again, can't tell if there is a screen. I'll have to look around more for that particular kit to see if I can get more details on it's contents.

http://www.greatmodels.com/~smartcart/c ... m=EDU35246
David Madsen

Next

Return to Russian Tanks of World War Two