[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Tamiya BT-7

Tamiya BT-7

The various types of Soviet armor used in WWII

Tamiya BT-7

Postby Darren Gawle » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:21 pm

Just wanted to set up a thread for my BT-7 build, which I started over the summer. This is the only photo I've got so far, but it's pretty much ready for paint. I removed the fender fuel cells to work on straps for an unditching beam which will be stowed on top of the cells; will re-glue after a shot of some base colour in those hard-to-reach areas.

That's all for now.

DG
Darren Gawle

Re: Tamiya BT-7

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:51 pm

Looks pretty good- I think your purchase will be good for getting your images to a higher level for sure thumb4
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Darren Gawle » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:04 pm

Thanks - I figured it was time to upgrade because my A640 wasn't cutting it in low light conditions either (I like photographing bands too) That fate conspired to make me re-shoot all the photos for the book project only pressed the issue - I can tell you it was a pretty nasty surprise to discover I also had to buy a set of macro filters for the new DSLR, but I've had experience with those in the past so it wasn't so bad.

DG
Darren Gawle

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:20 pm

Wait till you have to clean the CCD -that can be expensive ! if you get itt done by a shop or whatever but it ain't cheap to buy your own cleaning equipment either but that was my choice. I got some Visible Dust (trade name) stuff at leo's and it was pricy, but worth it.If you want more info on that just let me know.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Coulson » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:24 am

Tim Coulson

Postby Darren Gawle » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:20 am

I've got a Canon Rebel T1i/EOS 500D; ended up buying a set of mcro filters (+1, +2, and +4) because the minimum distance to subject is something like 8 inches (!!!) Because I had to take a bunch of closeups for a book article on the last Panther I built, this was an essential purchase.

DG
Darren Gawle

Postby Tim Coulson » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:26 am

Tim Coulson

Return to Russian Tanks of World War Two