[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Why are there so many wankers in modelling

Why are there so many wankers in modelling

Topics, whether armour related or not, can be posted here.

Why are there so many wankers in modelling

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:08 pm

The whole hobby online of late seems to be so petty and full of ridiculously childish whiny babies! That and the know it all types that never ever really build anything. Makes me wonder what the hell why bother. I'm going to just build my models for me and this web site I think.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Why are there so many wankers in modelling

Postby Pete Dziadzka » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:44 am

This is my first post on your forum. I don't know what prompted your post, but I just wanted to say that your participation and contributions, here and at other forums, are very much appreciated. I've learned a heck of a lot from your posts. Don't know if it helps, but thanks!
Pete Dziadzka

Postby Ken Abrams » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:52 am

LOL!

One of the very reasons I started one of my own blogs like you see others using and spend most of my internet time lurking...

the internet can be a very fickle place at times, sometimes the help and the information you glean from it is just absolutely irreplaceable while other times it is as useless as powdered water. It actually reminds me of my wife at times, :shock: some days I spend a great deal of time with her and wonder how I ever made due without, other days just a few minutes looking around and I'm rolling my eyes and shaking my head in disbelief.

:mrgreen:

Build how you like, like how you build.
Ken Abrams

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:08 am

Thanks guys for taking the time to comment. I just am so fed up with this high drama drama about Dragon/Terry Asheley/HorishiBlogger/Brian Balkwell/Jon Baily and that elite crowd of know it alls that think they are above others with an interest in tanks and phony people with attitudes that act like the only thing important is the minutiae regarding some ancient piece of metal- these guys need to get a life. Terry Ashley needs to grow some thicker skin. The vast majority of people don't know anything about this situation except when Terry Ashley or someone else cries about it. Why do they even bother giving this guy any credence by referring to him at all! I just don't get it! He's only as important as they think he is. It's all high drama!

It also seems there are these factions of people on line- this group against that group etc. I'm telling you I have pretty good radar as far as integrity goes and some of the people out there are real dinks and chronic complainers, with either a resentment they are polishing or with some stick up their ass about something. I'd get into more detail but I'm not awake yet and need a shower and a coffee.

I just find all these little petty pissing contests and egos way out of whack are really funny when you think about all the other problems in the world and many in the hobby get so jealous or envious and bent over tiny little toy plastic models! I mean give your heads a shake. They all end up in the garbage eventually! It's not art- it's a hobby that a small percentage of the human population gets involved with. Some people actually act like it's important! :lol:
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Ken Abrams » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:32 am

Hey man, I'd post more but I don't know where to put it. Just kidding, I'm assuming 'semi tracked vehicles' would be the place for an OD half track right?

I know where you are coming from, when I saw a link to the Brian's site and clicked on it I was in complete shock. I remember that whole thing going down when it did and thought it must be all in the past right? I mean, I'm not trying to call him out or anything as it's his right to say what he wants but at some point I think it becomes much more healthy to just simply let stuff go and let the topic die on it's own, I had pretty much forgotten that whole episode but now I have been reminded. Sometimes drawing so much attention to something so negative is like watering weeds in the vegetable garden, it's counter productive to what you most likely want to achieve.

While I have met some really great people on the internet and truly respect many modelers work and their opinions and look forward to reading their posts and such, if I lost my job tomorrow and couldn't afford internet access anymore, there's a good chance I would never talk to any of these people again and yet the sun would rise the next day and my life would continue on unchanged. While there is no doubt I would truly miss some of what I see/read and the people behind the posts, it isn't life altering stuff that I need to concern myself with so much.

We're modelers man, not martyrs, not freedom fighters, not Robin Hood.

Time to hit the bench, enjoy your coffee Jamie, I've already had my share this morning.

Later

Ken Abrams

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:37 am

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:16 am

Also - ken, I do not take sides on the Brian/Terry issue- perhaps Brian's version of events is accurate? Brian seems to be a very talented and knowledgeable modeller. I assume you saw his metal version of the LionRoar/M2? halftrack- the tightest rendition I've seen of that combo!
I don't know about some of the company he keeps but hey we're all not perfect. I just wonder why there has to be this petty one upmanship. I also am not a Terry Ashley sycophant or think he walks on water. But neither do I.

All this complaining about great kits that we never had years ago! And people whining about reissues.At least Dragon corrects some inaccuracies before doing so. Bunch of spoiled whiney babies. I wonder how many uncompleted models they have sitting in the stash and they gotta bitch about the latest kit.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Ken Abrams » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:04 am

Ken Abrams

Postby Allan Williams » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:18 pm

Hahahahaha! Just the title of the thread is value enough.
I've had a passion for this hobby since I was knee high to a grasshopper. I have nothing to do with modelling clubs simply because they seem to be populated by intolerable tossers. As much as I'd love to sit down and discuss the finer points of things, I've learnt that discussion is highly unlikely. With modellers it's generally a monologue, and my friends just try to avoid eye contact as they back away towards the nearest exit. C'est la vis!
I'm a member of many online forums but prefer to lurk, and post rarely. People generally want to be liked more than they want answers or objective input, and god forbid if you stand up and say someone is speaking through their ring.
Other people's quibbles are exactly that. Other people's! It's when others try and inject themselves into something that has nothing to do with them that brings us to where we are. Build a community that shares, not mimics or devotes it's time to appeasing 'names'.
I live with the utopian ideal that eventually I'll find like minded folk, but certainly aren't pinning my hopes on it. I love it enough to ensure the attitudes of others will never sour my enthusiasm.

Allan
Allan Williams

Return to General