[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Roy..anyone going to Amps

Roy..anyone going to Amps

Topics, whether armour related or not, can be posted here.

Roy..anyone going to Amps

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Anyone going to amps down south and a willing to take photos/movies of the event. I can't go, working but would like to see the scene. I can host any movies and or photos? Maybe interviews? Product news? ;woot:
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Roy..anyone going to Amps

Postby Roy Schlicht » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:54 am

Not going to AMPS but will be vending at the IPMS event in Renton Wa. this weekend. Trying to reduce my huge stash of models that I will never build.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby David Madsen » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:50 pm

Two members of my ipms chapter are going, they already have the hotel reservation. They have room for one more so I've been debating on going as well.
David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:05 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:06 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:40 am

Well the Seattle event is over and I had a busy time. I went with just over 300 kits of my own and about 100 of some one elses, off loaded just under 150 of my kits and about 60 of the other stash. Averaged just over 10 bucks a kit. Thats the price of having a large stash, you really take it in the shorts if you ever try to get rid of them. Alot of guys (and two gals) walked away with some great deals. I only got to walk around one time and spent a whopping 50 bucks. That is the least amount of money I ever spent at a model show. Most of the models I sold were Armor related. Aircraft didn't sell as well. I also entered 3 kits in the contest taking a second (72nd Axis armor) and a HM (72nd Axis armor). I also had 1 entry in 35th Axis armor but it appears that the judges didn't like the fact that I stuck a piece of paper in the open turret hatch to keep it in the "closed top" catagory (which in the past was totally legal). Talking to one of the judges after the show and he said they couldn't find anything wrong with my model itself, they just couldn't get over the piece of paper. Well got another contest in June to get ready for then Nationals in August. May go to Vancouver in Oct. but not sure yet.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby David Madsen » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:19 pm

That sounds great Roy, and congrats on the awards. Shame about the paper though, sometime it's hard for judges to make the call, I wouldn't want to be in there shoes. But it's just one show, what one judge sees as a flaw another may overlook or not think so much about. As long as you are happy with your work, does it really matter? I usually go to shows not expecting anything, then I'm surprised.

Our club went to Omacon last Saturday in Omaha, where the IPMS Nationals were last August. We had our own vending table too, didn't really sell much but many of our kits are mediocre anyways. I ended up placing really well. I managed to get First in Closed top 35, I knew it was mine when the announcer paused and tried to pronounce the word, Neubaufahrzeug. I also got 2nd in Open-top with my Honey, and Armored Cars with my 232 6 rad. I got third for my Opel Blitz in Softskin and PAk 36 in Artillery. I manged to also win two armor raffle kits, a Tamiya M577 and an AFV Club M1135 Stryker CV/TACP. It was a good day! :) This has sort of resurrected my desire to build some more, so hopefully I will have some posts.
David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:16 am

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Return to General