problems for modeling

Topics, whether armour related or not, can be posted here.

problems for modeling

Postby Juan Lázaro » Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:38 pm

For some time, I have a number of problems that prevented me to dedicate to this hobby.
My wife's parents are sick and as we have a girl of 8 years, I have to devote the time I have free.
Furthermore, the models
I do them in the same place where I work.
We have a month with builders in my shop, so I had to set aside all the material modeling: tools, kits, paints ...
I hope the time goes fast and can share my work with you.
Anyway, I look every day to see your work and participating in the forum.
Juan Lázaro

Re: problems for modeling

Postby Derek Baker » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:00 pm

Hi Juan. You definitely have a lot of stressful responsibilites right now! Yes, it is unfortunate when 'life' gets in the way of the fun activities! I hope that your parent will get well soon!

May I respectfully suggest an idea? Perhaps this is the time to build a simple model, instead of one of those Dragon models with 600 parts, photoetch, and a complicated camouflage scheme. A Tamiya kit or Italeri model of a Sherman or T34 would do. Just build it with glue and scalpel (and no other tools) and enjoy the relaxation after your child has fallen asleep, so it helps you to forget your worries. You could paint it and weather it when your life becomes less complicated. But a simple build could help you relax for 45 minutes after those busy stressful days.

Just a suggestion that I hope would help...

Kindest regards,

Derek
Derek Baker

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:05 am

We have all been there. I try to at least spend 1 hour a night in the back (my model workshop is in a small 10 x 10 foot shed behind my house) working on a model. Don't always get to go back there if there is something else going on though. I have 2 kids myself but they are both getting older (16 and 11) and more independent and that makes thing a bit easier. Take care of your family first but don't forget to take care of yourself as well.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:30 pm

I just don't have the time or energy after my 10 hour days and longer theses days as I am concentrating on getting a bunch of money but I will get back to it one day. cry
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Return to General