[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - funny how the more things change the more they stay the same

funny how the more things change the more they stay the same

Topics, whether armour related or not, can be posted here.

funny how the more things change the more they stay the same

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:56 pm

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: funny how the more things change the more they stay the same

Postby Ken Abrams » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:50 am

Well, for some I guess it could an 'unhealthy obsession' if it truly affected their health. You know, pale white skin from avoiding sun light, skin and bones because all of their money has been spent on plastic and PE instead of food etc. :P

With the current financial climate that many of us may be experiencing, I have found that I'm getting back to why I started all this in the first place, all those years ago. To build models. I haven't bought anything in a long time and have been building what I have already in the pile. I was amazed as I began picking through it all and found stuff that I totally forgot I even had. I can remember not too long ago seeing kits come out and thinking, "oh I gotta' have that" and clicking the buy button on some website only to have it sit in the pile untouched. That was the 'obsession' part for me.

Just today I got the latest Squadron catalog in the mail and saw two previous $60+ kits that I bought when they were first released, now on sale for less than half that. I just shook my head as they are still un-built in the pile, why was it that I absolutely had to have them when they came out? Why didn't I wait until a moment such as this? I may not have the spare money to throw around at the moment on all the latest kits I want but I've completed more kits in the last year than I have in the last six and it sure is fun. Some of them have even been straight out of the box, random guesswork markings and paint jobs with no photographic references to back them. Imagine that. ;)

As far as this being an antisocial hobby, well that's ok by me. The rest of my life requires fairly constant interaction with people so the few hours I may get here and there to myself are more than welcome.

I think the trick is to put down the wallet, log off the internet and pick up an exacto knife.

Build how you like, like how you build.
Ken Abrams

Re: funny how the more things change the more they stay the same

Postby pjpanzer » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:31 pm

Very well put, Ken.

I could not agree more. Just build something, and enjoy. I find it to be a very relaxing distraction from the "real world" B.S.

Cheers Lads, Pat
pjpanzer

Return to General