[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Man is it depressing...

Man is it depressing...

Topics, whether armour related or not, can be posted here.

Man is it depressing...

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Just took a gander at all my unfinished kits that I have sitting on the shelves... man is it disheartening. sadface
I have so many unbuilt kit boxes as well, stacked up in my apartment, really affecting my space and I just bought another one yesterday. I am starting to believe I have a mild case of "hoarding". It made me swear an oath that in the coming new year I won't buy another kit. But we all know that is a hollow promise...
I think I am going to focus on finishing up all my old builds.
I have not done any modelling since I got back from my last film job in mid Oct. and have been busy with illustration work, but I gotta stat something, just to get the inertia going. I think that Pz38(t) thing will be the place to start. It all seems to be a psychological thing that I need to trick my mind into feeling inspired enough to actually stick parts together. But there are so many variables that fall into place. One of the difficulties of putting a build aside and then working on other models for a time, when you come back to the first one, I often forget where the hell I was. Thank God for these blogs I have though as it really helps me understand where I am in an old build.
I mean shit, I should kinish that 1/16th scale T-34 I sated 8 years ago or... what about that Famo from even further back.

I am going to finish all my old builds.god-dammit!... ;B;
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Man is it depressing...

Postby David Madsen » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:46 pm

More power to ya! I appreciate your work so much and seeing them finished is such an enjoyment. Your attention to detail and just great work, you're an inspiration to my own work. It'd be great to see you finish your cyberhobby neubau being I'm work on one as well. You were so close!
David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:42 pm

The longest I went without buying a kit in recent history was three months. I am going to try and break that record this next year. I do make exceptions though. I can still buy Cyber Hobby "White Box" kits as I have the entire collection and can't stop now and I can buy at model shows. I also have a lot of unfinished projects. Some I vow to finish and others go into a "partially built/already started" box that I sell at model shows (I vend sometimes at the local shows to cut down on my large collection). The box is sold as is and it usually goes within the first hour. It's a sickness I can live with. I would like to see some of your stuff get finished also (as well as some of mine).

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby David Madsen » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:03 pm

I really haven't fallen under that curse yet of buying and buying. I have a list of 400 some models based off of the year when that particular vehicle was developed...roughly using Robert Jackson Armored and AFV Visual Encyclopedia. I'm just going about it one by one, although I will buy online a few kits at a time to save on shipping. Last competition I went to I did win some raffle kits, all airplanes, so I do have a little pile but I am trying to keep it under control or else I'll end up playing with all of them at once. I learned that with the last batch of Renault UE's, never will I do 3 at the same time. It was fun at first but as time grew longer and longer I got bored with the project and just wanted to end it really bad, which in turn made me want to rush them. So I think one at a time works for me, though I am guilty and started that 232 6 rad before the Neubau which goes against the list. cry
David Madsen

Postby Dario Risso » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:44 pm

Dario Risso

Postby David Madsen » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:29 pm

David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:46 am

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:03 pm

To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Return to General