[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Pz IV book ... at last !

Pz IV book ... at last !

Topics, whether armour related or not, can be posted here.

Pz IV book ... at last !

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:41 pm

Hi guys. Some of us were patiently waiting for the english version of the second Spielberger Pz IV book. The first edition - in German - was loooong out of print so no" decent" comprehensive book was available on this famous German tank. Early this year Amazon made us believe it'd be issued at last but it was postponed.
Here's what I received this mmorning from Tom Jentz :
"The Pz.Kpfw.IV book translated to English should be available soon. Schiffer publishing sent me a copy of the blueline proof copy."

that's good newz isn't it ?
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Re: Pz IV book ... at last !

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:42 pm

Mine was delivered by UPS today, after I get off the bike I'll take a look. :Y)
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:17 am

I had mine on preorder from Amazon but it kept getting delayed and the price kept going up. Finally Amazon dropped it. It is getting less then stellar reviews from some of the Panzer IV guys though so I may wait until the "History Facts" guys take it up (which is rumored they are). Here is the link to the Missing Lynx duscussion on this book.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/th ... s+Variants

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:35 am

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:19 pm

James, your are right of course. I just said that it was getting less than stellar reviews. Doesn't mean it isn't going to be a good book but I still may wait and see what the "History Facts" book will be like (I said "may", I "may" not be able to wait). You are also right about drawings. I still find it amazing that alot people use them to determine if a kit is dimentionally accurate only to be proven wrong in the end. I am thrilled that there is a good section on the early developement as the early ones are my favorite. I have the old one and actually find it hard to follow alot of times.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Return to General