[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Modulation

Modulation

Topics, whether armour related or not, can be posted here.

Modulation

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:27 pm

I have to call the modelling fraternity on this one- am I the only one to see the Emperor is wearing no clothes? wss.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: Modulation

Postby Dario Risso » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:41 am

Mmmm...What Hugo Reyes would say in this case...?:
- Dude, what are you talking about? "The Emperor is wearing a beautiful invisible coat, designed by Christian Dior"

Sorry, man, I dont' get your point; anyway, I don't like modulation style :D

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Markus Lack » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:23 am

Hey James,
at first I didn´t get your point as well. Might have to do with me not being a native english speaker though ;).
I´m with you and Dario when it comes to CM, but I got to confess that I´ve seen some stuff painted with CM that I really liked to look at, such as Sergiusz´s StuG.

Personally, I believe it might end like other trends, like heavy Drybrushing a´la Verlinden and so on.
Markus Lack

Postby Guy DeYoung » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Jamie, I guess this is kind of like the paint chipping craze. It can look pretty cool, but I don't know that it is very realistic. Like Markus I think that "this too shall pass".
Guy DeYoung

Postby Darren Gawle » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:56 pm

I think the theory behind it is not without merit - certainly, if you had different parts of a dunkelgelb tank which were forged/assembled and painted elsewhere, then delivered to the final assembly plant then yes, with all the handling, accumulated grime, and possible fading (but in the case of dunkelgelb, more likely darkening) you might have parts which were of a slightly different tone of paint than the basecoat of the vehicle. That is assuming the entire vehicle wasn't given a coat of paint which would have oversprayed the sub-assemblies.

I've seen some modulation which is very subtle and looks very good; but most modulation I've seen is overdone. In the worst cases, it even ruins the model. Frankly, guys get it wrong so often I'd rather just not see them try it to begin with.

DG
Darren Gawle

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:24 pm

Hey I liked the original mentioning the sycophants and all. ;woot:
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Return to General