[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Japanese Type 97 Shinhoto

Japanese Type 97 Shinhoto

While not as extensive as other countries there was a fair amount of vehicle development from the Japanese Axis.

Permissions...

Postby Roy Schlicht » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:51 pm

It seems that I can now edit but only post that have been created by me after the permissions were granted. So my prior post still cannot be edited. I can live with it I guess. Just some grammer errors that are bugging me. Thanks for getting that permission fixed for me.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Finished Type 97

Postby Roy Schlicht » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:09 pm

Well I'm calling it finished. Maybe the only thing I will try and do still is super glue the tracks at the top rear section of the sprockets to help it lay down more as it kinda sticks up in that area. I couldn't use the pin method to sag the track in that area as there is no place to drill into. Well what do you think? I think with more practice I will get better result using the methods I used on this tank. After all that is what it comes down to, practice.

Thanks for looking. Now on to the next kit which I think will be a Type 1 Ho Ni .

Roy
Roy Schlicht

Re: Japanese Type 97 Shinhoto

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:12 pm

I don't know Roy- it looks great but I just feel it looks to shiny and new- maybe just needs some dust/pigments to give it some authenticity. I mean it's a nice clean build but it needs some dust.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:06 am

Thanks James, I really don't know if I am going to do anymore work on this or not. It is just a shelf sitter and thats it so I just may leave it as is. If you look at my past work it becomes obvious that I am not a big weather guy. I usually do a light dusting of the lower hull and suspension and thats it. I do need to work on that aspect though. One other thing I never sprayed a dull coat on this. That may be why it is pretty shinny so I need to do that. Thanks for the tips. ON to my next project. I think it is going to be another Japanese vehicle, the Type 1 Ho Ni. I need to get some stuff together befor I start on it though. Thanks again.

Roy
Roy Schlicht

Postby Pierre Parroux » Thu May 17, 2012 2:39 pm

very nice kit
Pierre Parroux

Postby Roy Schlicht » Fri May 18, 2012 10:54 am

Roy Schlicht

Previous

Return to Japanese Tanks of World War Two