Japanese Type 97 Chi Ha (early)

While not as extensive as other countries there was a fair amount of vehicle development from the Japanese Axis.

Japanese Type 97 Chi Ha (early)

Postby Darren Gawle » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:47 pm

I picked this up a local hobby shop yesterday; it was so unexpected to see a FineMolds kit in this particular store, although I've seen the new FM Isuzu model in another local shop. I bought it immediately. This kit redeems FineMolds in my eyes after the disappointing moulding quality I experienced with the Type 95 I've got going in the other build log, although you do still get a shitty barrel moulded in two halves. I will probably spring for a turned metal replacement.

I won't be starting this for a while yet, but in the meantime I thought I'd start a new blog for it so you can see the parts layout - I'm also aware that my camera is currently experiencing shutter problems:

I'm liking the sake bottles... and the turret periscope is a nice addition too. I don't think you get one in the old Tamiya kit, do you?

The painting guide. I want to do a vehicle with the full scheme including khaki or light brown this time (or maybe both...) I also like the insignia for the 34th Tank regiment in Manchuria at the end of the war, but the build is still young.

DG
Darren Gawle

Re: Japanese Type 97 Chi Ha (early)

Postby Roy Schlicht » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:16 pm

Hey Darren, what makes this kit a limited edition? Does it have any special parts. I really like the Type 97 early (57mm armed tanks) and have the Tamiya one which isn't bad. I do have a Fine Molds Type 97 Shinhoto but would like to get an early version. That really looks like a nice kit.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Return to Japanese Tanks of World War Two