[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - New release with one of my boxtops

New release with one of my boxtops

Information will be posted here of a mundane sort, probably relating to site updates, problems etc.

New release with one of my boxtops

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:36 am

This was done awhile ago - a trial using a more digital approach.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Re: New release with one of my boxtops

Postby Dario Risso » Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:29 pm

Nice drawing!!! Has you added the big pic to your gallery?

DarĂ­o
Dario Risso

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:30 am

Another nice one James. One question tho ... no Zimmerit ? i know it is not impossible for a Sept 43 Panzer to go without this fateful paste yet most of them did, didn't they ? Or did DML asked for that ?
Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:54 am

It's what Dragon asked for. I can't remember exactly what I used for the paint and surface reference, but I think the idea was to portray an Italian theatre tank where I think there was some without zim zim.
This was done in a short time while working 50 hrs a week at my regular job painting sets. I also like to push the envelope trying new techniques Btw this was done all in the computer, a bit different from my traditional way of doing things so to top it off I was learning how to do that as well as the painting.
It's not like I get more than a month from getting the assignment out of the blue, doing research, coming up with an idea and then painting it, plus the inevitable changes just before completion. I 'd like to see how others could cope under those circumstances.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:31 pm

I'm glad to see other artists doing box art for Dragon-simply because I like to see diffrent ways of doing things.
I think this kit should have zim (zim!) due to it's time-frame.
But, what do I know besides what a book tells me?
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Laurent Moitrot » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Cheers.
Laurent.

My current projects :
- StuG III G "late" (90%)
- StuG III g "Early" (99%)
- Pz IV H. (98%)
- Befehlspanther G "R01" (95%)
- Sherman M4A1 "Early" (99%)
Laurent Moitrot

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:54 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Return to Announcements/Site News