Hi All; (Use this thread to introduce yourself)

Information will be posted here of a mundane sort, probably relating to site updates, problems etc.

Re: Hi All; (Use this thread to introduce yourself)

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:20 pm

Hey Chuk sorry for the delay in getting this post approved, should have checked the cue earlier :oops:
It's only the first two post that need to be approved by an admin, just to keep the spammers/and other trouble makers out.
So good to have you on board, should keep me entertained, and may learn a few things on the way.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Wally Murray » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:27 am

After a three-decade absence, I've returned to scale modeling to find the bar raised considerably. As yet, I've got little (ok, nothing :oops: ) to contribute and everything to relearn.

I've been following and catching up with your builds elsewhere, Jamie. They're great presentations, well delivered. thumb5

Wally.
Wally Murray

Postby Jamie Tainton » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:58 am

Quite a bit different isn't it, Well I hope you get stuck in and show us your progress and opinions on how things have changed in three decades!, ,:>
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Wally Murray » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:04 am

I'll do my best.

Thanks, Jamie.
Wally Murray

Postby David Madsen » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:37 pm

Figure I'd introduce myself since I've made a few posts already. My names David, I live in the cornfields of Iowa in the United States. I've always been interested with World War II thanks to my father. We'd watch movies together as far back as I can remember and he had many models he did himself. I started my own models since I was probably ten, I'm currently 26. I've always been on and off it but a year a go I got back into it when my father was ill and I wanted to make a P-40 Flying tiger for him. That was his favorite plane and got him hooked on airplanes when he saw the movie God is my Copilot on tv as a young boy during the 50's. From then on he loved airplanes. After building that model for him and giving it to him when we put him to rest, I knew building models was the way to remember him by and carry on his love for models and airplanes. So I've made it my full time hobby in his honor.

My projects that I'll probably concentrate around is with Soviet and British armor, with some Polish and Italian in there.
David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:30 pm

Nice of you to give us a peak into who you are. thumb6
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Tim Gillis » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:27 pm

HI, I guess after a few posts I should also introduce my self ,:> . I've been building models of most subjects off and on since I can remember. Although I generaly build WWII aircraft, I like to split between that and armour, mainly associated with the Great Patriotic war. I live in Nanton Ab, not far from the Nanton Lancaster/Bomber command Museum, and I'm driving a truck, presently between Calgary, Edmonton and the Greater Vancouver area, so postings can be very sporadic.
Sanity is a matter of opinion
Tim Gillis

Postby John Farmer » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:06 pm

Hey y'all!

John Farmer here. I am also known as DaneBramage in several forums that I frequent on the net. I am a fan of some of you guy's work!! (But not James Tainton for god's sake) LOL KIDDING!!! Ok my wife says I'm not that funny. I live in ALabama in the USA. ROLL TIDE.
John Farmer

Postby Roy Schlicht » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:04 pm

Hello everyone. Not so new to the modeling forums but pretty new here? Been modelling for about 30 years but only seriously (you know falling asleep thinking about models and your current or next project) for the past 8 or so. I live in north west Washington State just south of James a bit(if I remember correctly you are from western BC are you not). I model primarily in WWII armor but have alot of the other stuff as well (including wingy thingies). See you all later.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:25 am

Hey John and Roy, glad to have ya aboard. ,:> Take of the shoes and relax. And yep, I'm in Vancouver, BC
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements/Site News