[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Hi All; (Use this thread to introduce yourself)

Hi All; (Use this thread to introduce yourself)

Information will be posted here of a mundane sort, probably relating to site updates, problems etc.

Re: Hi All; (Use this thread to introduce yourself)

Postby Ernie Schafer » Sun May 29, 2011 12:09 pm

Ernie Schafer

Postby John Mohnen » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:41 pm

Hi, Just want to introduce myself to the forum Members. I am John Mohnen, born in the Netherlands
but now living in Sydney Australia. Migrated to Down Under in 1989 after I met my wife here during
a visit with the Royal Dutch Navy. After 14 years in the Dutch Navy I quit and have worked now for the past 21 years
in the Naval Engineering Division at a Navy Dockyard in Sydney. I have always had an interest in WW2.
Born in the south on the border between Germany and Holland many weekends in my youth were filled with
searching between the remnants of the former Siegfriedline for war relics. I collected German medals and militaria for years
but gave it a miss after I migrated to Sydney because of the many excellent made fakes which started to appear.
I have a special interest in the Eastern Front and the technical side of Germany's Armoured Forces and for the
last 20 years I have concentrated on German Divisional/regimental Histories and built up a good library.
Did a fair bit of modelling during my stay with the Navy but after my migration this was put a bit on hold.
Now retirement start appearing on the horizon I decided to give it another go and finally after 10 years
took an old project out of the cupboard and started to have a crack on Dragons first (6001) Nashorn Panzerjager.
After a lot of research on different modelling sites and forums I decided to upgrade the kit and bought Cyberhobby's Nashorn
(Command Version) and am planning to built it with a full interior. I purchased some after market kits and the not used parts can go towards the 6001 kit
and hopefully can add a second vehicle to a diorama.
John Mohnen

Postby David Madsen » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:21 am

David Madsen

Postby Dan Reed » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:52 pm

Hello John! ,:>

Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Miran Flores » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:21 am

Hey Folks, I'm Miran Flores, I live in Southern California, I'm 55 years old and have been modeling again about 4 years after a 20 year break. I have no good excuse for that, just glad to be back in it. I'm involved in a long term project building 10 different LRDG trucks. I found this site while taking a break and working on a Tristar SdKfz 222. This is already an interesting and exciting site and it shows great promise for the future. I feel free to ask any qusetions about things I can't figure out myself. I also hope that anyone that needs help will feel free to ask me.
Miran Flores

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:50 pm

Well I'm not far behind you age wise so glad to have another BabyBoomer on board. Look forward to seeing your builds.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:00 pm

Hello Miran! ,:>

Dan
I'm 47...
Dan Reed

Postby John Mohnen » Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:29 pm

G'day Miran from another built from the fifties.
Looking forward to your work.
Any special builts in process?
John Mohnen

Postby Dario Risso » Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:45 am

Hi, Miran, wellcome to AW!!!
According to you last name, I suposse you speak spanish? I hope so
Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Miran Flores » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:31 am

Hey Guys, Appreciate the welcome. As I mentioned I have a long term project building various LRDG trucks. These include two 1940 Ford 01 15cwt's, one with a pickup bed and one with a service bed. A Chevrolet WA, A Ford F 30 (based on a Tamiya quad), a 15cwt Chevrolet command car (based on a Tamiya LRDG truck), four Tamiya LRDG trucks (2 w/ radio,2 without radio) and a LRDG jeep command car. Plus I sometimes get burried in accessories to load these trucks. I also find time to doodle around with other kits. I like to consider myself one of the worlds slowest model builders. I've been working on these LRDG trucks off an on for about 3 years. I also collect WW 2 British equipment, so the two hobbies compete for dollars. Sadly Dario, I'm half Mexican and half Texican and grew up in Southern California not learning to speak Spanish.
Miran Flores

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements/Site News