[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Hi All; (Use this thread to introduce yourself)

Hi All; (Use this thread to introduce yourself)

Information will be posted here of a mundane sort, probably relating to site updates, problems etc.

Re: Hi All; (Use this thread to introduce yourself)

Postby Jean-Thomas Rembert » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:51 pm

hi everyone

glad to be here, i discovered this forum on missing lynx with the recent post of James Tainton, the walk around of modern canadian equipment caught my attention !

i'm 27 years old, i'm french i live in southern of france

actually i have my own line products of 35th scale figures and accessories, maybe some know already : djiti's production http://djiti.production.free.fr/main_menu.html

i'm not here for marketing, in first of all i'm modeller big fan of modern Tanks and equipment, and history enthusiast :D
Jean-Thomas Rembert

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:18 pm

Welcome Jean- glad to have you join up!
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:03 am

Welcome Jean, hope to see some of your builds.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Frank Huot » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:20 pm

Well here goes, my standard introduction I use on forums here in Quebec:
Name : François (Frank) Huot
550 Sénécal
LaSalle QC
H8P 2B4
(514) 364-4462
francois.huot@sympatico.ca
Interests : Aviation, Armour, Sci Fi, Submarines, Cars and Scratchbuilding
Prefered Scale : None (meaning all scales are fine!)
Kits collection : approx 1200 kits

HI guys! My name is Francois (Frank) Huot AKA Coyote or Adats.
I've been building ​​models since the age of 6 (1972) so for 40 years.
I like a bit of everything, I do a bit of everything. I have built over 1000 models during this time, the majority in my childhood. For the last twenty years I do not build more than 2-5 per year (It was 2-5 per month in my youth!)

My strengths: My complex projects with colorful and intricate camouflages!
(and a love for D-Day stripes! I even put them on my car!)

My weaknesses : Figurines, photoetch and I scatter myself on too many projects at the same time. (I have 52 which are 80% finished) the ultimate procrastinator I guess...
Some of my recent work: (click thumbnails to see larger pics)

CF-18 1/48 Hasegawa - Beaufighter 1/48 Tamiya - Coyote 1/35 (LAV-25 Italeri+Scratch) - F-16C 1/48 Tamiya

Spitfire IX Hasegawa 1/72 - SU-15 Trumpeter 1/72 - Bf-109 G2 1/32 Hasegawa - Mig-15 1/48 Tamiya

Messerschnitzell 109 F Revell - Merkava III Finlandais Academy - Eurofighter Revell 1/48 - Macross:VF-22 Hasegawa 1/72

ADATS 300 1/35 (M-113 Tamiya+scratch) - Me-262 1/48 Tamiya - Spitfire FR Mk IXc 1/32 Tamiya

E-555 Revell 1/72 - Viper Mk7 Moebius 1/32
Life is like a box of chocolats, you never know what new kit will send the others to the waiting stash!
Frank Huot

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:42 pm

Hey always nice to have another Canadian on board- welcome François.Image
Nice work BTW!
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Roy Schlicht » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:30 am

Welcome, hope to see some build blogs on this site.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

Postby Dario Risso » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:57 pm

Wellcome, Jean and Frank! ,:>
Nice to see more young people here

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Ryan Spindell » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:28 am

Howdy,
I am Ryan, I like long walks on the beach... oh @#$%, wrong site :lol: I use to do only WWII German armor. Now all I see to do is Modern Soviet and US armor(softskin) I am addicted to resin and figures as well. I am really trying to work on my painting/finishing my builds. Love the building and research, I get nervous on the painting and weathering. I live in the land of Linclon (Springfield, IL) I love my girlfriend, my dog, tattoos and old cars (pre 1955) I want to buy a BTR-80 (for those pesky Zombie attacks) #^( And I love old homes, gave my 108 year old Sears craftsman home to the ex. I am an avid 3 gun shooter, ( LaRue M4, Knighthawk 1911 and Benelli shotgun) I use to shoot IPSC as well. I am fiend for martinis, BBQ and Blues. ,:>
Ryan Spindell

Postby Lim Sin How » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi there, I'm Lim Sin How (I prefer to be called Sinhow), a Chinese Malaysian, live and work in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

I came across this site while searching for some reference. I had been to this hobby for quite some time, mostly building WWII AFV and i loves Heli too. Modelling in Malaysia is quite an expensive and rare hobby plus i don't have airbrush, so i don't really have many build to show you all. Here is my first post in completed model project gallery, hope you like it.
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=906

By the way, please forgive my poor English. :D
Lim Sin How

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Welcome- both of you ,:>
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements/Site News