[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - Bronco's SPG Bishop

Bronco's SPG Bishop

Post your in progress shots and descriptions on British subjects here

Re: Bronco's SPG Bishop

Postby Jamie Tainton » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:47 am

Looks good Tony but I wonder about the white interior, I thought the Brits used silver for their inside to reflect light?
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Pierre Parroux » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:22 pm

interesting, i do not know that, i thank the majority of afv were white inside
Pierre Parroux

Postby Tony Lee Watts » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:00 pm

Jamie you're right about the silver(aluminum paint)
Before starting this build I read all I could find and consulted two UK armor experts.
Before and very early in the war they did paint interiors aluminum silver. When aluminum powder was needed more for aircraft aluminum product
they switched to white paint. Late in the war I hear they went back to aluminum paint after supplies of the powder returned to normal.
I've forgotten the years this back and forth took place,Sorry.

Anyway back to the Bishop which is starting to appear:

Beautiful day here in the Ozarks but COLD temps returning by Monday
Tony lee
Shoot Low Boys
They're Ridin Ponies
Tony Lee Watts

Postby Lim Sin How » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:17 pm

This kits looks so detail! How is the accuracy? Do you need any modification to make it right?
Lim Sin How

Postby Tony Lee Watts » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Lim i'm 70 years old and being a self propelled gun fanatic I don't think I have the time left to get into building that perfectly detailed model.
Yes it's pretty well detailed but if you're a mind too there is plenty you could add that I saw while researching the Bishop as there is with any kit.

I just add little things here and there to jazz them up and could very easily go overboard in a flash so to speak.
Take a look at the post of my first dio viewtopic.php?f=50&t=826 I couldn't stop myself on this one. :lol:

Welcome to the site btw
Tony lee
Shoot Low Boys
They're Ridin Ponies
Tony Lee Watts

Postby Lim Sin How » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:44 am

Lim Sin How

Postby Tony Lee Watts » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:12 pm

Quick update to end the week:

Looks like during the heat of battle it gets rough in there don't it? :shock:

While that interior dries i'll tackle the exterior:

Have a Great weekend and we'll see you Monday
Tony lee
Shoot Low Boys
They're Ridin Ponies
Tony Lee Watts

Postby Pierre Parroux » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:33 am

beautyful kit, do you paint with paint brush ?
Pierre Parroux

Postby Tony Lee Watts » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:00 pm

Pierre I use the airbrush on the larger things and brush most of the detail stuff.
And yes it is a very nice kit. I wouldn't recommend it for the beginner but anyone with a few kit under their belt
could handle it with ease.

Cheers
Tony lee
Shoot Low Boys
They're Ridin Ponies
Tony Lee Watts

Postby Tim Coulson » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Looking good Tony. thumb6
Tim Coulson

PreviousNext

Return to British Tanks of World War Two