[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - LRDG Chevrolet 30cwt

LRDG Chevrolet 30cwt

Post your in progress shots and descriptions on British subjects here

LRDG Chevrolet 30cwt

Postby Miran Flores » Fri May 04, 2012 7:58 pm

I just got this kit. It looks like a direct copy of the Tamiya LRDG kit. Since the Tamiya kit is not readily available this could be an alternative to it.[album]7825[/album][album]7824[/album][album]7823[/album][album]7822[/album][album]7821[/album]
Miran Flores

Re: LRDG Chevrolet 30cwt

Postby Miran Flores » Fri May 04, 2012 8:03 pm

Not being a computer whiz I can't get the images from my album to the post. Some nice person needs to step in and save me!
Miran Flores

Postby Jamie Tainton » Fri May 04, 2012 8:09 pm

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Miran Flores » Fri May 04, 2012 8:26 pm

That'll work, I'm looking forward to your help. Thanks in advance.
Miran Flores

Postby Miran Flores » Sat May 05, 2012 9:17 am

Thanks Jamie, I think I understand what you were saying about posting images. I'll have to give it a try
Miran Flores

Postby Tim Coulson » Tue May 08, 2012 7:59 am

Unfortunately, it does look like a copy of the Tamiya kit.

A Tamiya LRDG kit went for £97 ($156 US) on eBay the other day! Normally they go for about £40.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Miran Flores » Tue May 08, 2012 11:44 am

I paid $55 and change for the wespe kit. I just had to see if it really was a knockoff. I didn't need it, I have 7 Tamiya LRDG kits of which 5 are on the bench right now.
Miran Flores

Postby Tim Coulson » Tue May 08, 2012 11:53 am

Wow, looking forward to seeing them.

I built the chassis of the Tamiya kit a while back and I remember having trouble getting the front leaf springs straight. Have you had any trouble with yours?

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Pierre Parroux » Sun May 13, 2012 2:10 pm

personnaly i got many troubles with tyres of tamyia's kit..they cut themselves, and i have a kit with cutted tyres..horrible !! cry
Pierre Parroux

Postby Miran Flores » Sun May 13, 2012 2:37 pm

I have in my parts collection resin tires from Hussar Productions (great, fit the kit wheels), R&J Interprises (have a more rounded profile, come with two spares), D Toys (OK) Tank Workshop (have to watch them as some have those cracks molded in, come with two spares) There are others but I haven't worked with them yet. Among these are Mouse House and CMK-Blitz. It's well worth it to replace the kit tires, if they haven't split already they eventually will.
Miran Flores

Next

Return to British Tanks of World War Two