[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - M3 Stuart 'Honey' ~ Academy

M3 Stuart 'Honey' ~ Academy

Post your in progress shots and descriptions on British subjects here

Re: M3 Stuart 'Honey' ~ Academy

Postby David Madsen » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:34 pm

Painted Humbrol 93 I think, Desert Yellow with a Caunter pattern, still debating of making it a 3 tone pattern with the slate gray.

David Madsen

Postby Tony Lee Watts » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:54 am

I like it just the way you have it. thumb5

Tony lee
Shoot Low Boys
They're Ridin Ponies
Tony Lee Watts

Postby Tim Coulson » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:20 am

Looking good David. thumb6

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby David Madsen » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:32 am

Thanks guys. I've stayed with the scheme and with a small sponge chipped around the edges. I've also added some items to it using a guitar string. The kit has an antenna base but no antenna so using a guitar string I superglued that in. I used tape for the flags depicted from the box art. Also the hatches in the front don't have any stands to keep them up, but they did have the notches that you'd place them in. So again, using a smaller guitar string I've added those.

David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:53 am

Dude, it's like two different people that did the motorbike and this one. This looks very presentable! Not sure about the aerial, next time you may want to try something that is more authentic.
Would be interesting what you would come up with regarding researching this?
BTW an interesting discussion on old techniques of "antenna making"
http://www.network54.com/Forum/47207/th ... V+Antennas

I must say that this looks really good!
But there is still a little bit of pebblelyness, on the front drivers hatch for example. Next time really work on the smoothness of your finish and it'll all look great. You should try to do an auto with a spotless finish for an exercise. In armour we get away with stuff, but the shiny pristine look that cars require need stringent protocols.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:09 pm

David Madsen

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:03 pm

"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby David Madsen » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:41 pm

That I think would be more interesting for me, I'll have to get one.
David Madsen

Postby David Madsen » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:27 pm

Added oils and pigments, I think I'm done with this.

David Madsen

Postby Roy Schlicht » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:30 am

Damn fine looking Honey. One thing I notice on the interior (which you cannot see now thats shes closed up) was several ejector pin marks on the ammo containers. Had you wanted to portray this in an open/exploded view those would have really stood out. I really like the way you paint scheme turned out. Looks good. Great Job.

Roy
To become old and wise you must first survive being young and stupid.
Roy Schlicht

PreviousNext

Return to British Tanks of World War Two